Work closely with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Supplier Quality groups to ensure sustained sourcing, improve supplier quality, and monitor/document supplier corrective actions. This position will support both Auburn, AL as well as Kinston, NC.
This position will report to the Director - Supply Quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Abilities:
- Investigates supplied-product quality issues and works directly with suppliers to ensure appropriate containment steps and corrective actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Collects supplier quality / delivery data, creates (plant-specific) supplier scorecards, and submits performance reports for review / consolidation at the corporate level.
- Works closely with the plant Quality Manager and Materials Manager to identify, monitor, and prioritize supplier improvement needs.
- Responsible for communicating quality issues to various stakeholders throughout the organization, as well as serving as a central point of contact for addressing supplier quality / delivery issues at the commodity level.
- Review performance scorecard metrics with assigned suppliers (by commodity) on a monthly basis to verify status and outline action items necessary for improvement.
- Oversees the incoming inspection process to ensure continuous flow of quality materials to the manufacturing plant and alignment of inspection methods between MBCI facilities.
- Work closely with the Materials Planning and Purchasing groups to ensure material availability and assist with resolving supply constraints.
- Responsible for communicating material specifications, as well as clarifying material-related expectations to the plant associates.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving specification alignment issues between manufacturing (process) requirements and supplied product.
- Oversees the supplier chargeback process for assigned plant(s) to ensure accurate data collection and timely resolution/collection of credit requests.
- Conducts regular visits to assigned suppliers to review manufacturing processes, quality systems / controls, pre-launch readiness, root cause identification, corrective actions, and process improvement opportunities.
- May require up to 20-30% travel.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to interact well with others and create a positive teamwork environment required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required.
- Working knowledge of Minitab and Lean / Six Sigma deployment strongly preferred.
- 3 to 7 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer, or Manufacturing Engineer with a Quality emphasis.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- Education: B.S. in Engineering, B.S. in Industrial Technology, or B.S. in Business.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. - 18 months ago
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...