Supplier Quality Engineer-PUR0001501
Work involves functioning as a technical liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve quality issues, implement and monitor advanced quality planning and provide technical support. Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of general practices and standards. Some guidance from the supervisor is available to handle unusual situations.
Assists in the implementation and monitoring of advanced quality planning with selected future product suppliers.
- Assure supplier understanding of product and submission requirements
- Review and approve supplier quality plans on new part programs
- Review supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems
- Implement and monitor the part qualification and certification process with selected suppliers
- Provide technical support to customers during start up activities
- Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions
- Improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system, or other technical support as required
Education and Training
- Proficient in print reading and interpretation and part measurement
- Demonstrated knowledge of geometric design and tolerance and gage design and function
- Demonstrated knowledge of probability, statistical quality control and design of experiments
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, facilities and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop possible solutions
- High level of analytical ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of problems that are somewhat unique and diverse
- Ability to exercise independent judgment is required
- Ability to effectively organize and plan
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in manufacturing, quality or engineering
- Bachelor degree with a major in engineering or equivalent experience
- Desirable course work would include probability and/or statistics
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date : Sep 24, 2012, 2:47:15 PM - Ongoing
General Motors - 13 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...