Big Ass Fans is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to perform quality audits on supplier materials and final assembled product. The ideal person will be self-motivated with excellent communication skills, a contributing team-player and experienced.
More Than a Name
Behind the funny name, we're serious when it comes to designing fans. We call ourselves the Big Fan Experts because we have the most talented and dedicated engineering team in the big fan industry. We're not simply overgrown versions of a typical ceiling fan, our fans are designed and engineered to move large volumes of air in the most efficient, cost-effective way possible, but being big doesn't hurt.
With our new one-of-a-kind testing facility we have the ability to test our fans for a wide variety of applications. With mobile room dividers separating our 45,000 sq. ft., 60-ft. tall facility, we test everything from airflow rate, thrust force and air velocity to the structural integrity of each fan component. All parts must meet our rigorous specifications for integrity or they will not be used in our products, this includes everything from the nuts and bolts to specially designed gear boxes. To determine whether parts meet our standards, they must be able to withstand millions of rotations, starts and stops and numerous other stress tests. We maintain state-of-the-art testing software and hardware to make sure all of our fans meet and exceed the most current standards. Our dedication to testing and research is one of the reasons Big Ass Fans has long been considered the leading industry expert on the design and application of large fans.
All of this has led to Big Ass Fans growing at a tremendous rate over the last few years. You might say we're busting out of our britches. And we need the best people at all levels of our organization to continue beating the pants off the competition.
Essential functions of the position:
- Cradle to grave ownership of supplied parts, working with D-FMEA, APQP, Supplier P-FMEA, DVP&R and Control Plans.
- Develop and implement quality assucrance standards, processes and controls (work instructions, SPC)
- Develop methods for inspection, instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
- ERP integration with quality systems
- Automated equipment implementation across all lines
Big Ass Fans has a commitment to the principles of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with this commitment, we will continue recruitment, employment, compensation, promotion, terms, conditions and privileges of employment of qualified persons without regard to gender, race, age, sex, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Individuals shall be judged solely on their job-related aptitude, training skills and performance.
- Bachelor's degree with Engineering emphasis
- 1-5+ years experience in Quality/Manufacturing background - Automotive is a plus
- Experience in an ISO 9001/TS-16949 environment
- Metal fabrication, welding and forming
- Implementation of automated controls and poke yokes
Big Ass Fan Company, the name says it all. Delta T Corporation, doing business as Big Ass Fans, makes six-to-24 foot diameter ceiling fans....