Job Summary: The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position.
The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer supports the AeroStructures business in the management, selection and development of suppliers who achieve benchmark performance in quality, cost, delivery and service and continually lead their industry in technology.
Success Factors: To achieve success in this role, an individual must successful deliver continuous improvement on the Site-based X-Matrix Goals and the following specific metrics:
- Defines best practices for supplier quality systems, cost competitiveness, delivery performance and technology
- Visits key suppliers to ensure an effective quality system is in place, understand concerns and cost drivers, resolve issues and identify areas for improvement
- Provide technical support to suppliers, receiving inspection, thirds party source inspectors, buyer/planners, supply chain management, program quality engineers
- Reviews drawings, specs, customer PO’s and other related documents for inspection requirements to flow to suppliers; develop receiving inspection instructions and required tooling
- Delivers results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier yield, field cost, field defect rate, supplier quality plan engagement / effectiveness, and corrective & preventative action closure
- Issues supplier corrective actions, track/maintain them and assist suppliers with defining root cause and implementing corrective measures
- Assures supplier debits are transacted for supplier quality issues (scrap, rework, over-inspection, RTV, etc)
- Leads cross-functional teams in the application of Advanced Quality Planning techniques to evaluate new product manufacturability and production process stability
- Utilizes tools such as Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Control Plans and measurement system analysis to introduce and correct new products and processes
- Participates in customer audits and self audits to identify opportunities for Quality System improvement
- Ensures compliance with the ISO, AS and other key regulatory standards
- Provides technical assistance to suppliers on new products, process capability improvements, quality systems development and cost reduction achievement
- Train receiving inspector and third party source inspectors
- Acts as a key conduit to Supply Chain, Quality and Engineering
- Reduction of Quality issues before material arrives in Monrovia
- Increase number of certified suppliers
- ISO Compliance certification
- Elimination of Source Inspection requirements
- BA / BS in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent combination of education / experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in military/aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment within a senior level capacity
- Ability to lead a group of people in a contructive, productive, fair manner
- Ability to manage numerous people and meet deadlines as required
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Conscientious, organized and meticulous – records must be accurate and maintained in a timely manner
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated professional ethics, tact and courtesy in dealing with Suppliers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Lean, Kanban, Kaizan and Six Sigma tools
- Purchasing or commodity experience a plus
Ducommun Incorporated - 12 months ago