1. Plans, supports, and implements supplier quality programs in conjunction with Corporate Materials Department. Defines scope, plans, organizes, leads and directs technical work and departmental efforts related to quality engineering activities to improve the quality of products purchased by the Company.
2. Provides quality engineering support by evaluating, selecting and developing a supply base and assesses new supplier technology to obtain maximum quality and productivity levels. Reviews and audits supplier products, processes, and/or systems performance and provides suggestions for improvement.
3. Formulates and/or assists in formulating internal and external supplier quality control policies and procedures and development of quality standards. Imposes Corporate Quality standards on supply base and ensures compliance.
4. Monitors and controls cost, timing, and other related aspects of projects. Understands and adheres to schedule and budgetary requirements of projects and reports progress as required.
5. Serves as a technical liaison and coordinates activity of internal and external resources. Serves as a resource by providing a problem solving function by initiating action to overcome obstacles as they are encountered.
6. Participates in quality planning during launch phase of new products. Works with suppliers and Advanced Quality Engineering to develop Advanced Quality tools for suppliers during the development phase of a new product. Works with suppliers to support them in the Production Part Approval Process leading to full approval of their product for production use.
7. Champions continuous improvement efforts by leading supplier development projects/programs. Researches, recommends, and supports implementation of new and/or existing quality assurance processes of suppliers. Engages in comparative and competitive analysis to ensure utilization of most appropriate and beneficial techniques in each situation respectively.
8. Performs other duties as necessary. May supervise and/or provide work direction to other staff.
Magna - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG), is an automotive supplier headquartered in Aurora, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada's largest...