Are you ready to experience the difference? Plexus Corp. provides comprehensive product development and manufacturing services to Fortune 500 companies in the Networking/Communications, Health Care/Life Sciences, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace industries. At Plexus you will work with knowledgeable employees in a global spirit of cooperative teamwork, integrity and drive. We provide quality services to such customers as GE, Johnson & Johnson, Honeywell, Siemens, and Juniper Networks. Together we will transform our customer's cutting edge ideas into market leading products by employing a wide variety of services including product design, state-of-the-art prototyping, test solutions, board-level manufacturing and higher-level assembly. At Plexus we take pride in our employees and our services. Join our team today and experience the difference that Plexus has to offer.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible as the key liaison between operations, suppliers, and the customer, ensuring that overall specifications, quality/regulatory requirements, and expectations are met for all purchased product.
- Responsible to ensure part qualification and evaluation activities resulting in acceptable and consistent supply. Includes external activities (establishing part quality requirements,) and internal activities (sampling plans, inspection processes, etc.)
- Ability to execute supplier audit activities related to both validation and ongoing management of quality executions capabilities
- Monitoring supplier quality performance based on analysis of Plexus and supplier performance data
- Lead problem part resolutions through all phases of operations
- Responsible for leading supplier corrective action and continuous improvement activities
- Support containment, segregation, NCM review, and trend analysis processes activities relative to supplied parts
- Support overall site Quality Management System through metrics, auditing, etc.
- Facilitate reporting and notifying suppliers of cost-recovery requirements resulting from the need to contain, segregate or handle non-conforming parts
- Mentor and support Receiving Inspection activities and process effectiveness
- Participates in customer-facing supplier quality activities
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required for this position. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Experience of 4 years is preferred for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 4 or more years is highly desirable.
- Proficient working knowledge of quality systems and tools for supplier interaction (process capability, FMEA, DOE, etc.)
- Proficient working knowledge of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) manufacturing processes standards (IPC, etc.)
- Proficient presentation and data analysis skills
- Self-management capabilities
- Ability to lead and multitask in a dynamic environment and Failure Analysis
At Plexus we realize that our employees are the key to our continued success. That is why we provide a stimulating environment that fosters sharing of ideas, use of the latest technology and teamwork. An environment that supports employees as they take on new challenges and celebrates their successes. In addition to offering a competitive salary and bonus opportunities, Plexus offers an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and medical, dental and vision insurance.
Conditions of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement. All Plexus U.S. locations are tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Plexus Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Plexus - 2 years ago
Plexus isn't perplexed by even complex contract electronics manufacturing. The company develops and manufactures electronic products...