Supplier Quality Engineer - Chassis, performs proactive Quality Assurance responsibilities and support Supplier development actions for all purchased components; systems; and wholegoods that contribute to successful product launches and support existing production quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review designs / components determined as high risk for correct identification of Key Inspection Characteristics (KICs) and correct application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing principles to ensure measurement and manufacturing feasibility.
2. Collaborate with Suppliers and Polaris Engineering during design reviews to ensure Design for Manafacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
3. Assist Suppliers to maintain 100% PQR compliance for all Preproduction builds and Production builds.
4. Train suppliers to effectively execute PPAPs; PQR System; and Corrective Actions.
5. Promote the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and continuous improvement techniques at Polaris suppliers to help them reduce variability and achieve process control.
6. Perform production readiness assessments (PPAP reviews) at supplier facilities for high risk suppliers/components. Report readiness status and action plans on deficiencies.
7. Perform Quality System Audits on all potential supplier candidates and make recommendations for suitability to Polaris requirements and development needs.
8. Provide support and feedback to Product Groups when determining existing supplier suitability for future business awards.
9. Perform special projects as required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. 4 Year Technical Degree required
2. Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing or quality engineering
3. Strong problem solving skills
4. Advanced oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical reports
5. Advanced knowledge of quality related tools including, but not limited to, SPC, AQP, DOE and Quality Systems
6. Ability to work in an autonomous environment.
7. Multi language skills preferred
1. Fast-paced office environment
2. Position will require 20-30% travel
Polaris Industries - 15 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...