Do you want to use your knowledge and experience in Quality Engineering working for a company that changes the world? If you answered yes, Starkey Hearing Technologies has the position just for you! |
Starkey Hearing Technologies is headquartered on a 47+ acre campus located in Eden Prairie, MN rewarding employees with beautiful, on-site walking trails. But that’s not all, Starkey has two cafés with outdoor terraces, four weeks PTO, excellent medical and dental coverage, 401k, ESOP, adopt-a-highway programs, community involvement and so much more. Known worldwide for its celebrity endorsements and annual gala, Starkey’s Hearing Foundation supports the gift of hearing and has donated over 110,000 hearing aids globally in 2011 alone, supporting our mission: “So the world may hear”. Voted one of the nation’s Top Workplaces in 2012, Starkey is changing lives the world over.
This position is responsible for the management of suppliers pertaining to transducer and electromechanical components. The position will provide QA technical and compliance expertise for conduction supplier audits, qualifying new suppliers, monitoring the performance of component suppliers, and driving product quality improvements. This position will include support of Supplier Corrective Actions, Nonconformance investiga=tions and assessing the capabilities of new suppliers for product development.
Requirements Minimum education, certification and experience requirements
- Education: 4 years college degree in Engineering with a strong emphasis in Mechanical or electrical Engineering required
- Experience: 0-3 years experience in Quality Engineering required.
- 0-3 years mechanical, acoustical or electrical component production experience desired.
- 0-3 years experience with reliability testing and failure analysis desired.
- 0-3 years DOE and SPC experience desired.
- 0-3 years experience of hands on supplier management experience strongly desired.
- ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DMAIC problem solving process and associated tools required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process capability methodology required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of measuring and modeling relationships between variables required
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFMEA design and execution
- Fundamental understanding of a Quality System and its development, documentation, and implementation with respect to domestic and international standards or requirements
- Fundamental understanding of Medical Device Quality Systems regulations (ISO 13485, 21 CFR Part 820) and/or ISO 9001 desired
- In-depth understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results, and follow-up
- Knowledge of DOE and SPC techniques required
- Knowledge of mechanical shock, vibration, and environmental testing required
- Knowledge of metallurgy, plastics, and chemistry desired
- Knowledge of new product development systems desired
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem solving
- Ability to acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements
- Ability to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
- Ability to lead and execute Six Sigma DMAIC project
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent people skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to supervise 1-2 technicians
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a recognized world leader in high quality audio technology. We serve our customers by providing a broad range of hearing devices that meet a variety of hearing needs. Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. Starkey Hearing Technologies' family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of employment
We offer our full time associates a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) plan, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Health and Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending. What's more, we're committed to helping our associates attain their full potential through in-house and on-the-job training, and tuition reimbursement.
- 2 years ago - save job
As a Starkey Hearing Technologies’ brand, Starkey is much more than the hearing aids we produce. Starkey is an experience. One that...