Position Summary: Primary responsibility is to perform the supplier-related activities to ensure plant quality, to support in APQP activities and smooth quality launches of new and modified product, to ensure Supplier Concern Resolution, and to monitor Supplier Performance to ensure continuous improvement of direct material suppliers based on a TS16949 Quality System.
Position Roles: ·
Essential Functions: ·
- Evaluate, audit, strategize and develop suppliers. ·
- Develop suppliers through regular supplier visits, planning meetings and APQP tools. ·
- Responsible for any supplier-related activities affecting plant quality.
- Facilitating change management for supplier related activities/changes. Perform product launch activities (when applicable) for customer in accordance with APQP/PPAP guidelines. ·
- Monitor supplier product launch quality activities (when applicable) for customer in accordance with APQP/PPAP guidelines. ·
- Monitor supplier rating system and activate appropriate corrective actions when needed.
Essential Skills and Experience: ·
- Teams with Purchasing to develop suppliers through interviews and/or plant visits. ·
- Monitor and support in approval process through ENGIS of supplier PPAP’s for Engineering Changes (new and modified parts), interface with plants, projects, and customers as necessary. ·
- Conducts periodic and special surveys of supplier facilities and manufacturing process to determine adequacy and capability of quality control and ability to comply with complete specifications. ·
- Initiates supplier-related 8D’s to resolve nonconformance, delivery, warranty and/or other performance issues as necessary, communicates with the relevant QE and/or supplier, and ensures timely closure and effectiveness. ·
- Interfaces with Quality Engineers, inspectors, production associates, and suppliers to resolve customer complaints resulting from supplier-related quality problems. ·
- Participates in Purchasing/SQE departmental meetings to aid in organizational planning, reach objectives, and review Supplier Quality Assurance activities, results and policies. ·
- Understands and complies with TS16949 and ISO-14000 Requirements. ·
- Perform initial problem investigation and containment activities at the plant or program site for purchased direct materials. ·
- Performs or directs the inspection of purchased direct materials as needed, supports in the processing and disposition of supplier non-conformances, and initiates supplier charge backs to recover significant costs of quality associated with poor supplier performance by utilizing SAP and other quality tools as applicable. ·
- Participates on APQP teams to launch new products per ZF SQE Structure. Includes supplier development as applicable, internal documentation, supplier-related documentation, gaging requirements, including Run @ Rates, PPAP runoffs, etc. ·
- Track supplier performance through monthly KPI in conjunction with the Corporate Supplier Group. ·
- Other duties related to this position.
Preferred Skills and experience: ·
- Four year technical degree or equivalent experience. ·
- Strong organizational and task management skills. ·
- Prior experience in or practical education and exposure to Supplier Quality Engineering or Quality Engineering ·
- Good written and oral communications skills ·
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, databases, etc. ·
- Ability to prioritize and schedule daily tasks, manage time effectively
- Knowledge/Experience in utilizing Process Flow Charts, FMEA’s, Control Plans. ·
- Knowledge/Experience in using dimensional and material test equipment.
Are you interested?
- Bachelor’s degree in a Engineering/Technical Field and two-plus years minimum experience ·
- Automotive industry experience Internal Auditor Certification ·
- Six Sigma training ·
- Measurement and test experience ·
- General working knowledge of CMM equipment. ·
- Working knowledge of GD&T ·
- Certified Quality Engineer ·
- German language skills ·
- Auditing experience with TS 16949
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!
ZF Friedrichshafen - 2 years ago