Demand-oriented quality assurance of deliveries, performance, products and service for Synthes suppliers. Provide guidance and leadership to manufacturing site supplier Quality Engineering groups. Work closely with site quality and purchasing management to obtain positive goals from suppliers.
Duties & Other Responsibilities:
Professional Experience & Educational Requirements :
- Definition and development of criteria for the evaluation and selection of new suppliers
- Planning and conducting supplier audits
- Evaluation of new products at suppliers as well as new suppliers
- Definition of requirements for validation at suppliers
- Definition of requirements for the handling of non-conformities at suppliers
- Collaboration for the requirements regarding integration of quality assurance agreements in supplier contracts
- Collaboration for the monitoring of the supplier data base
- Management of Synthes document at suppliers
- Assessment of supplier quality
- Approval process for manufacturing materials (HIBE)
- Definition of requirements for process risk management at suppliers
- Coaching and leading employees
- Management of headcount needs
- Management of headcount budget for the department
- Initiation of training programs for the purchasing department regarding Quality requirements
- Definition and training of rules for the coordination of the various communication between Synthes and suppliers
- Support overall supplier validation program
- Maintain and manage approve supplier list program
- Conduct Supplier Audits as needed
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- Consistently enforce employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Knowledge of standards and laws applicable to medical devices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business required
- A minimum of 6 years experience in Supplier Quality
Synthes - 20 months ago
Brittle, broken, battered bones cease to be a problem with Synthes around. The company makes devices, instruments, and implants used for the...