Major functions of the Supply Chain Analyst are to gather and conduct detailed analysis with the goal of improving the organizations supply chain operations through quantifiable results. This individual will be responsible for optimizing asset management, mitigating excess / obsolete and reducing raw materials cost across the organization. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for assisting in product transitions, new product introduction, pricing analysis, logistics, and insuring services levels are maintained. This position requires the continuous development of market knowledge both domestically and abroad (Asia, India, Europe, etc.).
The successful candidate should have excellent networking and communication skills enabling themselves to identify and establish relationships with other key persons / parties. Facilitating Team work and building upon success will be one of the Supply Chain Analysts’ key strengths to convince and influence others to gain commitment. The Supply Chain Analysts’ leadership skills enable them to coach, motivate and delegate effectively. Excellent planning and organizing skills are also required to make certain projects are kept on track while ensuring a timely completion. As the role requires interaction with both internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers, a solid understanding of supply base management is a valuable asset. Commercial awareness and cost consciousness helps keep the business case in mind. Finally, the Supply Chain Analyst thrives on delivering quality and results in a dynamic and global organization.
- Strong background in asset management with the ability to analyze inventory levels, manage stocking levels, mitigation / minimization of excess and obsolete, and insure turn objectives are exceeded.
- Proactively identify and assist with implementation of cost reduction and cost avoidance projects with suppliers.
- Capacity to analyze and work problems, be poised with all levels of management and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Work collaboratively across the Supply Chain organization to identify and recommend ways to streamline “end-to-end” process activities in a way that will increase customer value and reduce/eliminate non-value added activities.
- Ability to influence decisions with teams without direct management responsibility.
- Achieve supply chain operational objectives by contributing materials management information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining materials management system improvements; implementing change.
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or an equivalent combination of training, certification(s) and experience
- 5+ years related supply chain experience
- Very strong technical proficiency in MRP / ERP and Inventory software
- Ability to negotiate with supply chain partners
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be a self-starter, accountable and innovative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Outlook, Power Point, Excel, and Access
- ERP query tools – i.e. crystal reports, discover, cyber query, etc.
- Relational database design background
- Background in six sigma / continuous improvement / lean
- CPIM, CPM, or APICS certification
Boyd Corporation - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard