Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Supply Chain Area Supervisor
JC Penney Company, Inc.
Over 110 years ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of treating customers the way he wanted to be treated himself: fair and square. Today, rooted in its rich heritage, J. C. Penney Company, Inc. is re-imagining every aspect of its business in order to reclaim its birthright and become America’s favorite store. The Company is transforming the way it does business and remaking the customer experience across its 1,100 jcpenney stores and on jcp.com.
• Supervises the activities of an assigned area to ensure processes and procedures are followed accurately and efficiently to achieve unit business plans and priorities.
• Resolves problems and opportunities in the assigned area as needed to keep activities on track; escalates any out-of-scope problems to the next level or the most appropriate Associate for the situation.
• Directs the Team on activities and processes that enable our strategy of Customer First Service ensuring that merchandise is delivered to customers accurately and on time, the first time.
• Observes Associate performance, equipment and machines with regard to proper operation and safety; instructs on proper operation of equipment and machines; reports functioning problems to maintenance and/or engineering as appropriate.
• Observes operations of assigned area and suggests improvements to procedures, processes, schedules, and other issues that could increase productivity and efficiency of the area and unit.
• Leads the department by engaging and supporting Associates by providing direction, coaching and feedback, and recognition, while efficiently and effectively supporting customers.
• Promotes good communication throughout assigned area to achieve thorough understanding of processes and procedures.
• Participates in the preparation of annual plans and other goals for assigned area; supports senior managers at the facility as requested on other special projects and situations.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
Education: College degree preferred or equivalent logistics related experience preferred.
Experience: At least 2 – 4 years related work experience with demonstrated success in supervising a logistics function.
Core/Positional Competencies: Very good supervisory and instructing abilities; good verbal and written communication skills; able to work with and through others; able to operate personal computers, scanning equipment if applicable and capable of rapid learning of new technologies for assigned area.
J. C. Penney - 17 months ago