The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Global Supply Chain (GSC) provides procurement, supplier contracting and technical support and services to all IRC offices worldwide. GSC is staffed by supply chain professionals who have the requisite knowledge, skills and training to lead IRC personnel in all supply chain disciplines. This expertise ensures that supply chain decisions will be made in the best interest of the IRC and in compliance with applicable policies, procedures and donor requirements.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Supply Chain Associate provides the expertise to acquire, manage, and analyze supply chain data and report results. This position reports to the Global Supply Chain Coordinator.
Database Management – 30%
Data Analysis and Reporting – 30%
- Develop databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions, considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users; with a focus on optimizing data quality
- Maintain existing Excel databases; suggest and implement improvements
- Communicate and follow-up with relevant IRC staff members in each office to ensure quality and timeliness of reports and data submitted; consolidate reports and data from field offices and track submission rates
- Research, test and lead in the adoption of new approaches to maximize effective and efficient reporting
- Interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
- Analyze and problem-solve issues with current and planned systems as they relate to the integration and management of data (for example, review for accuracy in inventory reconciliation on a per-office basis)
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Create and present quality dashboards
- Write reports summarizing data for senior management
General Supply Chain Activities – 40%
- Tracking and monitoring of procurement transactions for compliance, lead time, quality of service provided
- Maintain information such as traveler data profiles, conference call accounts/codes, T-Mobile documentation, etc
- Manage departmental procurement and travel including traveler schedules, visas, per diem processing, computer equipment, office supplies, etc
- Manage departmental intranet pages and shared drives, including organizing resources and ensuring that documents are up-to-date and accurate.
- Conduct research including logistics assessments of IRC operating locations, and provide analysis for future GSC initiatives
- Proactively identify ways to streamline operational processes in order to promote overall departmental efficiency
- Other Global Supply Chain activities as requested / required
- Proficient in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to work independently; organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Experience developing technical training materials including manuals and presentations; experience training others both in person or remotely
- Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables, V-Lookups, and macros
- Bachelor's in Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- Supply Chain background or experience
- Previous data analyst experience
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their...