Supply Chain Data Analyst
* This position would transition to an FTE after proven expertise in position. Strong Supply Chain understanding needed.
Provide data to assist in the improvement of supply chain and division processes. Manage and manipulate data to develop business tools and solutions for focused teams. Promote data consistency for reporting supply chain metrics at the division and corporate level. Validate supply chain processes against business needs, making process improvement recommendations based on exception data. Document procedures for new supply chain processes which include US and transnational processes. Use analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand and improve logistics operations and processes in order to deliver results in terms of service, speed and cost. Provide data access and support for supply chain improvement and six sigma black belt projects.
Uses intermediate analytical skills to analyze trends or data as well as determine data requirements that enable supply chain process improvement. Apply expertise in supply chain management concepts and strategies to make recommendations for process and systems solutions. Demonstrate computer literacy and good working knowledge of applicable software and corporate systems and the ability to extract and analyze systems data on demand. Leads implementation projects and provides direction to focused teams. Works independently and output is occasionally reviewed. When necessary, the supervisor is consulted for assistance in problem areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Supply Chain Analysis and Design: Develop and maintain various performance and ad-hoc reports (i.e. customer orders, on-time metrics, cycle time, exceptions, etc.). Provide application and process support through partnership with division supply chains, IT, and business clients (US and/or OUS). Identify data requirements necessary to support supply chain systems including the interfaces between applications, databases and system upgrades. Leads teams to design, test and implement on-going system modifications and solutions, system re-releases (updates) and new systems where appropriate.
2. Supply Chain Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements that improve service, speed or cost, through analysis and/or automation of supply chain information and metrics. Recognize impacts on related processes and ensure communication of issues and proposed solutions to appropriate business and process owners. Perform other duties as assigned.
3. Project Implementation and Leadership: Act as data expert and primary contact for systems enhancements and upgrades using knowledge of corporate systems and a variety of supply chain strategies and activities to meet specific customer requirements. Assist in identification of data requirements necessary to support supply chain systems and black belt projects. Lead implementation projects and provides direction to focused teams. Ensures project objectives and deadlines are met.
4. Training: Develop and maintain process and application documentation intended for operational use, auditing of processes and end user training. Uses media best suited for audience; written, SharePoint, web based, or Lotus Notes based.
-Degree required: Management of Information Systems (MIS) and/or Supply Chain Concentration, or Computer Information Systems (CIS) preferred. Supply Chain experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Project) expertise required.
- Demonstrated VBA, SQL, Business Objects and QlikView capability and experience required.
- SAP programming language strongly preferred.
- Experience with systems including ExAM, SCPA, GGSM, and COMS strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of Order Management processes needed.
- APICS (CSCP/CPIM) certification is preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, project planning and leadership skills required.
- Understand business/customer needs to identify opportunities for business performance improvement.
- Analyze supply chain parameters and help determine root cause failure modes.
- Provide unique solutions to problems.
- Work with management to support business strategies and customer needs.
- Utilize influencing skills to apply and interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in cross-functional team settings.
- Apply lean six sigma methodologies to solve problems.
Dahl Consulting, Inc. - 15 months ago