Experience with Gulfstream suppliers. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Operations or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.7 years combined Operational and/or Supply Chain experience to include proficiency with LEAN/Six Sigma tools and concepts.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification in area of discipline preferred.
Champion the development of standardized tools and function as the expert in the evaluation of Gulfstreams suppliers business systems and manufacturing processes and work closely with suppliers through collaborative relationships to improve response time from supply base, reduced risk of multi-tier supply chain disruption, reduce risk of shortages, reduce lead-times, improve quality, increase delivery performance. Provide Operational, Supply Chain, and Logistical support to the Gulfstream Supply Chain and sub-tier suppliers to promote continuous improvement. Through influential leadership, guide suppliers and internal cross functional teams through continuous improvement. Assigned to the most complex and most critical supplier issues. Train and develop Supply Chain Improvement Project Managers and Supply Chain Improvement Specialists III.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Lead assessments to determine suppliers ability to meet production rates. Identify and drive closer of improvement opportunities.
2) Develop and Utilize standardized assessment tools, identify opportunities of improvement in the operational areas of maintenance management, production control, materials planning, system analysis, productivity analysis and cost control, production planning, productivity, capacity planning and analysis, managing suppliers, machining and assembly, internal quality control, and other lean manufacturing principles.
3) Provide oversight and guidance to suppliers and drive actions that address opportunities and validate that the action is implemented and shows marked measured improvement.
4) Through continuous improvement Measure the supply chain by gathering standardized leading indicator metrics that allow Gulfstream the ability to take a proactively address negative trends that may adversely affect delivery performance.
5) Lead suppliers and internal cross functional teams through transition planning and execution with minimal impact to Gulfstreams production line.
6) Provide on-site support to the Supply Chain, Operations and Logistics.
7) Act as a liaison between suppliers and Gulfstream functional areas to ensure information, documentation and product flow to meet the objectives.
8) Lead and guide continuous improvement teams in identifying suppliers Operational, Supply Chain and Quality constraints while providing value added process improvements to reduce supplier cycle times to meet program deadlines.
9) Guide and lead suppliers through the process of setting up and implementation and cadence of daily operational meetings and conference calls where critical milestone plans, recovery actions and information is discussed, driven, and reported internally at suppliers and to Gulfstream.
10) Guide suppliers in the development of performance metrics, capacity plans, employee training matrices, milestone plans and project plans.
11) Develop, coach and mentor problem solving skills. Create problem solvers within the organization. Establish methods that identify and/or track root causes and provide corrective action.
12) Train and develop other team members in supplier development.
1) Create effective communication channels between the supply base and Procurement.
2) Provide management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting.
3) Effectively communicate with all levels both internally and with suppliers.
4) Build and develop relationships throughout the supply base.
5) Deliver results in a time constrained environment.
6) Perform other duties as assigned.
1) Computer literate capable of working within the various software applications utilized throughout the corporation, i.e., Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint.
2) Lean/Six Sigma certification in area of discipline.
3) Motivated individual with strong leadership skills and performance driven.
4) Provides informal guidance to management as it related to colleagues performance ratings.
5) Project management skills with working knowledge of the principles of analytical problem solving techniques.
6) Respected individual with a proven track record of achievement, solid functional expertise skills and a reputation as a leader of change.
7) Manufacturing and Industrial engineering experience preferred.
8) Understand current processes, work methods and standards. Support changes necessary for system improvements.
9) Ensure new processes are implemented in the most non-disruptive manner possible.
10) Works well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem solving skills. Able to combine aggressive initiative with professional discipline to accomplish difficult tasks
11) Motivates others (some of whom with no direct control over) to action.
12) Provide clear directions when assigning and explaining activities.
13) Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations without creating adversarial relationships; responds well to questions.
14) Adapt communication style to match diverse backgrounds of audience.
15) Capable of understanding, designing and effectively communicating technical documents & records.
16) Good presentation skills with solid oral and written communication capabilities.
17) Presents numerical data effectively.
Gulfstream Aerospace - 16 months ago
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE:GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets,...