Responsible for developing and implementing supply chain systems and processes across the Delhaize US businesses. Work collectively across all DG US banners to develop optimal demand visibility and forecasting, cost effective product flow options, and integrated supply chain processes that support all the US operating companies’ unique business strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or business related field required; Masters preferred
- 8-10 years of combined experience in Supply Chain, Procurement/Merchandising,and/or Distribution/Manufacturing operations with previous Supply Chain management experience a plus.
- Management experience with vendors, transportation providers, & third party consultants.
- Cross-functional project leadership experience and a demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams between operating companies.
- Understanding of warehouse management systems, replenishment methodology, and industrial engineering methods / techniques.
- Proven ability to innovate utilizing industry standard research and design methodology.
- Organizational change management experience and possess an understanding of the value of business process change relating to people, process, and policies.
- Must be able to work well with internal and external partners (Suppliers, Distribution, Transportation, Category, Logistics, Retail).
- Must have a high degree of credibility with management and be able to interact effectively with associates at all levels.
- Proven team player, able to work collaboratively at all levels and build partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated strength in the area of structured problem solving with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, influence, communication, presentation, and follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated and must be persuasive in presenting ideas and managing their implementation.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance short-term vs. long-term demands.
- Effectively manages cross-functional teams across multiple operating companies toward common Supply Chain strategies
- Executes DG US Supply Chain strategy that supports the individual business strategies of all DG US operating companies
- Manages cross-functional supply chain solutions for all DG US Facilities including demand forecasting, warehouse capacity planning, channel development, & inventory management
- Supports the operational planning program as part of the broader Sales and Operational Planning Process
- Creates and develops a strategic sourcing / bid strategy to optimize the cost associated with procurement and that
creates the best overall total cost of ownership for all Delhaize America banners
- Leads cost of goods negotiations. Manages the procurement process by creating and maintaining strategies for
Contract Manufacturing Modeling. Formulates the decision making process regarding the management of
commodity based product pricing.
- Responsible for day to day relationships with Supply Chain counterparts
- May be responsible for owning the business relationship with supplier partners
- Supports corporate initiatives of cross banner synergies, minimizing shrink, increasing cash flow, and helping to strengthen retail
- Facilitates discovery of supply chain opportunities throughout a combined DG US network
- Manages the development of alternate product channels utilizing sound research and design methodology
- Manages the development and implementation of programs to improve operating processes in use throughout DG US
- Understands corporate strategies and develops the most cost effective supply chain solutions
- Maintains total supply chain visibility including goals, KPIs, costs, business drivers, and industry opportunities.
- Facilitates continuous improvement conversations at all levels throughout the organization
- Collaborates with internal and external partners (Suppliers, Distribution, Transportation, Category, Logistics, Retail) to design and implement strategies and tactics to reduce total landed cost; while
developing a more consumer driven network
- Responsible for the management, evaluation, and development of assigned staff positions
- A company expert on industry supply chain activities, changes, and trends.
- Approximately 10% to 20% travel
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...