Plan monthly production commitments including work-in- process to meet shipment dates
- Finds and qualifies suppliers – constantly looking for better sources, better cost, better lead time
- Negotiates Contracts with Suppliers
- Establishes MIN/MAX agreements
- Establishes bond agreements
- Responsible for reviewing market conditions – Cost trends, allocation issues, roadmap, EOL, etc.
- Holds weekly meetings with key suppliers – Review OTD, cost, qualify, issues, etc.
- Reviews customer forecasts/demand
- Plan and prepare production schedules for server and workstation manufacturing
- Draw up master schedules that establish time limits and sequenc es of manufacturing operations
- Detail instructions showing specific operations, where they will be performed, what tools, materials and equipment will be used, and h ow many workers will be needed
- Interface with marketing, sales, production, Purchasing and engineering managers to address issues such as design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs and other po tential schedule interruptions
- Check for planning errors during production a nd recommend corrective action
- Maintain inventories of raw m aterials and finished products
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers
- Manage programs aimed at the continual improvement of production control systems
- BS in IE, Material Management, Supply Chain Management background preferred
- 3+ years exper ience in Contract Manufacturing
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Must have strong communication ski lls in oral and written English
- Experience wi th Oracle ERP systems preferred
- APICS certification a plus
- The company offers competitive compensation and benefit programs that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K along with vacation, holidays and sick time.
- Founded in 1979, AMAX ( www.amax.com ) is a trusted leader in Custom Server and Storage Solutions in North America. Headquartered in Fremont, California, AMAX also operates several branch offices throughout North America and worldwide.
- AMAX's expertise drives two key divisions that deliver customized computing solutions to a wide range of industries. AMAX's Appliance Manufacturing Division provides efficient and top-of-the-line manufacturing solutions and global logistics to OEM customers; and AMAX's High Performance Computing Division provides innovative and scalable custom server, workstation, server, and cluster products.