Primary Objective: Develops and implements category management and supplier relationship management programs, along with supporting sourcing strategies and initiatives that support corporate objectives and direct support of Asset Teams. Manages sourcing resources in the utilization of established strategic sourcing, category management, and supplier relationship management methodologies. Works with divisions, Asset Teams and other stakeholders to ensure that supply chain processes are consistent with and supportive of sourcing strategies. Serves as a key representative for the company in interactions with current and potential suppliers
Major Functions and Scope:
· Works with other divisions to identify and quantify total cost of ownership elements for each category. Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned categories to ensure timely delivery of materials and services while minimizing total cost of ownership.
· Leads development of corporate demand and supply plans for materials and services. Identifies current and future supply needs and/or supply excesses, and develops corresponding action plans to address these imbalances.
· Defines sourcing methodology and underlying sourcing strategies across complex services, simple services, and materials (commodities).
· Assesses internal/external market analyses to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats by category.
· Identifies sourcing strategies/levers for each addressable spend category and finalizes supporting businesses cases. Reviews category strategy with key stakeholders and secure approval, ensuring that category-specific sourcing priorities are aligned with business goals and objectives. Manages contract planning and expirations.
· Secures resources, identifies actions, and establishes timelines required to transition the corporation to new service or supply arrangements.
· Defines evaluation methods and tools to determine process, criteria and measures used in evaluating suppliers.
· Defines supplier performance metrics and performance-based incentives.
· Facilitates supplier negotiations (sourced and contracted categories), review negotiation/response summaries, and select suppliers. Works with legal and contracting to finalize commercial terms and contract agreements.
· Facilitates formal supplier reviews, communicating performance versus targets, trends, and corresponding impacts to agreed volume and pricing terms.
· Prioritizes performance improvement opportunities and recommendations.
· Performs other related duties and/or special projects as required.
· Assists in minimizing excess inventory and eliminating obsolete materials.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
· Manages the performance and direction of the Supply Chain team within the asset including conducting performance reviews, coaching, etc.
· Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Education and Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Well-developed knowledge of supply chain processes. C.P.M., CPSM, CSM, A.P.P., CPIM, CSCP or other ISM or APICS certification a plus
Experience: 8-10 years’ experience in oil and gas supply chain processes.
Competencies: Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy. Strong personal computing skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal clients, group members and management.