Company Description: |
There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than todays challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world.
Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Supply Chain Manager – Pensacola, FL
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Supply Chain operation including purchasing, planning, customer service, and warehouse (receiving & shipping) in order to achieve targeted service levels. The Supply Chain Manager is the focal point for the Pensacola Plant in managing the strategy and tactical execution of media manufacturing planning for all production areas. Ensures production goals (i.e. Capacity, Absorption, Planning Efficiency, Labor/Overtime, etc.) are aligned and executed to meet Plant objectives and customer expectations. Ensures targeted Supermarket levels of Inventory, Supermarket signals are received in a timely fashion. Production Scheduling and Visual Factory Communications are delivered to meet objectives. Proactively attacks both individual and systemic issues. The Supply Chain Manager oversees other Supply Chain teammates to align with Raw Materials, Purchasing Planning and Demand Planning, to support on-time delivery performance to our customers. The Supply Chain Manager is also key member of Production Process Improvement teams.
Media Manufacturing Planning
Creates and supports the strategy and methodology to ensure that Production Capacity, Supermarket related to planning systems are aligned and executed to achieve Plant objectives. Ensures the right levels of Inventory are produced and maintained to enable reliable delivery performance to customers. Defines and manages the tactical plan to support the strategy (MRP, Supermarket, Capacity, Labor/Earned Hours Planning, Production Schedule Publishing, etc). Supports the Supply Chain Team in conducting regular reviews to rationalize inventory levels and validate performance and effectiveness of the production and inventory models. Supports media product changes and aligns with Global Media Planning & Production, Product Engineering, Quality, and the Supply Chain team to ensure continuity of supply in the change management process. Assists in developing processes and procedures with manufacturing to ensure Pall Pensacola provides internal customers with the required product, in the required quantity, at the required time. Creates, Updates, and Trains on Standard Operating Procedures as they relate to Supply Chain Planning and Production functions.
Daily Delivery Management and Visual Factory Updates
- Ensures the Visual Factory Production boards are updated each day. Participates in the daily VF walkthrough. Responsible for leading status updates and discussions at multiple visual factory boards.
- Records and reports daily production throughput against targeted lead times to identify and drive variance root cause resolution or appropriate countermeasures.
- Records and manages daily kanban events (surplus, stock-outs, etc) to identify and drive resolution of root cause.
- Facilitates discussion and drives resolution of issues with Quality, Production, Supply Chain, and Engineering, as required, to ensure Daily Plant performance and success.
- Inventory Management
- Maintain and continuously improves cycle count process.
- Analyze inventories and determine reserve for obsolescence/slow moving. Justify exceptions to standard corporate guidelines. Provide information to finance. Monitor inventory levels and recommend revisions. Monitor quality status of raw materials and finished product to assure proper identification of non-conforming materials. Monitor material shelf life, recommending corrective and preventative actions.
- Develop workforce skills and knowledge (cross training programs) through internal and external training programs. Provide coaching and leadership.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or Business, relevant studies, or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years experience in Production Planning Management, development of effective Supply Chain strategy and solutions, delivery of supply chain tactical activities, Budget planning and expense control, strong statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- APICS Certification (CSCP, CPIM)
- Proven experience in the reduction of inventory value and maintenance of safety stocks, implementation initiatives to improve inventory turns, stocking strategies and reduce lead time, optimization of all logistics steps in order to produce the right amount of product and deliver to end user at the right time.
- Experience operating in a Lean manufacturing organization using either, Supermarket or Kanban to maintain service levels.
- Demonstrated experience in the facilitation and delivery of tactical results through people and parties not in direct reporting lines, and effectively work through cross-functional teams to drive process improvements.
- Experience using SAP (preferred), or major ERP system. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in recruiting and building high performance teams through motivation and empowerment of employees to achieve team unity and maintain an effective level of operations.
- Requires 20% travel with minimal advance notice.
To apply for this position please visit our site at www.pall.com and go to the careers section.
The tracking code for this is LC-130319140828
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.