At C.H. Robinson our roots run deep. In 1905, Charles Henry Robinson started a small produce brokerage that developed the traditions and standards of service that shaped the Fortune 500 Company we are today. As a global provider of multimodal transportation and produce services, we are headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN and operate through a network of more than 10,500 employees with offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, and the Middle East. We are the largest third party logistics (3PL) company in North America, and our services extend to more than 42,000 customers globally, ranging from other Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in a variety of industries.
Our people are our greatest asset and create a unique corporate culture that has built strong relationships with customers around the world. They execute our tradition of service on a daily basis and take pride in sustaining our dynamic leadership in the transportation logistics industry. You'll feel the energy the moment you step into one of our branches. That energy is what inspires us to find motivated individuals to join us in our quest to find solutions, develop innovative technology, and provide exceptional service to our customers.
If you want to be part of an integral and progressive industry, consider a position on our Transportation Sales Team. As an Outside Sales Representative you will be responsible for growing the business primarily through generating sales leads, soliciting new accounts, increasing the services provided on current accounts, and selling all of C.H. Robinsons services (including air, ocean, rail, truck & International). You will be in daily contact with customers of various sizes, building relationships, problem solving and assessing their needs. You will then implement your solution, and handle the day-to-day challenges that are presented in the transportation industry.
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years transportation industry or sales experience
- Strong communication/negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Team oriented
- Decision making skills
- Competitive personality
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Enthusiastic, dedicated to the challenge of helping other people
- Generating new sales revenue for the Branch
- Focuses on selling the core products, modes and services of CHRW
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to sell (Prospecting, meetings, training, closing, after sale)
- A strong desire to succeed, coupled with an ability to listen and willingness to learn
- Assists with Customer Service issues, as required.
- Tracks information regarding all prospective customers on required format.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the companys available services, lines of business, and pricing structures.
- Identify potential customers through research, networking, trade shows etc.
- Prospect and develop new customers
- Quote price, credit terms, etc., in coordination with company goals and directives
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start...