Supply Chain Planner-1300008
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: As a member of the North American Supply Chain team this position is responsible for converting demands (forecasts, customer orders, internal orders, etc.) into replenishment orders / supply plan on BASF supply points. The position reports to the Supply Chain Manager – Resins and Performance Additives.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Replenishment of products using netted demand in support of inventory targets, customer service goals.
- Provide affiliate with Monthly / Annual demand for ED products produced by affiliate.
- Work closely with global contacts to balance global supply / production capacity and allocations.
- Work with local and global Product Management to develop and execute regional and global Distribution plans including management of products in tight supply.
- Manage the finished goods supply, raw material and packaging requirements, labeling needs, as well as the production, payment and transfer transactions of several contract manufacturers (i.e. tollers)
- Interface with Customer Care regarding available to promise and backorders.
- Monitor orders, stock status, and MRP exception messages in SAP ensuring products are available to support business plan.
- Identify, negotiate, and bring to resolution any demand/supply imbalances working with Marketing, Technical, Sales, Production, and Customer Care.
- Manage inventory levels throughout the Supply Chain, consistent with local & SBU goals, for the products the planner purchases/schedules to minimize excess inventory generation.
- Recommends and pursues appropriate disposition of returned, damaged, aged and off-spec inventory.
- Aid in inventory control, re-certifications, and product transfers.
- Manages data in SAP, including purchasing agreements, ATP, article extensions, etc.
- Sales & Operations Planning - actively support the S&OP planning process by organizing relevant data, updating KPI's and participating in the monthly meetings by representing the supply planning function.
- Travel 10-15%
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Wyandotte
- BA/BS degree in Business, Logistics, or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Supply chain management particularly in a multi-channel supply chain environment
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management concepts
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter
- Works independently under general supervision
- High effective data analysis skills
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Working knowledge SAP
- APICS CPIM, CIRM or CSCP certification or nearing completion of certification
- Knowledge of querying/database/spreadsheet applications
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions & Pigments North America
BASF - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...