The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Supply Chain Planner.
The primary responsibility of the Supply Chain Planner will be to support of critical supply chain initiatives including Value Based Sourcing, SKU Standardization and supply chain design through advanced analytics. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide regular planning forecasts in support of Global Sourcing activities.
- Optimize inventory levels across enterprise to improve operational efficiency.
- Support deployment and assessment of supply chain solutions such as Barcoding technology, wireless RF and 3rd party forecasting solutions.
- Active management of supply shortages and proactively communicating customer service impact to stakeholders and clients.
- Prepare cost and service key performance indicator (KPI) reports for key partners and customers.
- Have analytical horsepower to proactively analyze multiple sources of data and provide insightful recommendations to help Quest Diagnostics achieve its overall inventory and customer service objectives.
- This candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with a focus in Supply Chain/Logistics or Operations.
- This candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of business experience or minimum of 3 years of direct Supply Chain experience.
- Familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma concepts. Desire to become certified.
- Strong working knowledge of statistics and various forecasting/modeling techniques
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Strong Microsoft Office skill set and expert level Excel skills are must.
- Strong foundational knowledge of supply chain principles, including the demonstrated ability to assess, improve, and reconstruct the information, physical, and financial flows across the supply chain
- Willingness and ability to travel
How To Apply
- Business Acumen: Functional/Technical Skills
- Business Acumen: Intellectual Horsepower
- Energy and Drive: Action Oriented
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills: Self-Development.
- Operational Skills: Timely Decision Making
- Operational Skills: Priority Setting
- Operational Skills: Time Management
After clicking the button at the top or bottom of the page to Submit, applicants will answer a series of questions and upload or enter resume information. After submitting for this job opening, watch your email inbox (and spam filter). Applicants are sent an email inviting them to complete a required online interactive evaluation, to demonstrate knowledge and abilities, and allow Quest Diagnostics to learn more about them.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality products and services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Dedicated people improving the health of patients through unsurpassed diagnostic insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Quest Diagnostics is testing its ability to be the world's leading clinical lab. The company performs diagnostics on some 146 million...