Reporting to the Account Lead / Customer Support, the incumbent is responsible for the orders, inventory / stock management, deductions. He / she needs to develop and maintain relationships with the customer Materials Manager and relationships with suppliers. Further needs to act as the primary contact for Supply Chain / Logistics.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
Inventory / Stock
- Timely & accurate processing and follow up of all purchase orders and material inquiries from assigned suppliers with a sense of urgency to achieve our high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Work closely with Sales team members in communicating availability, and/or any discrepancies; and assist with expedited orders
- Ensure resolution of all problems with orders on a timely basis, and ensure appropriate communication all problems/resolutions to business manager, customer and principal
- Ensure that all orders are being captured in the local and Daymon systems on a timely basis
- Ensure usage of customer systems and local systems to accurately monitor orders for correct items, quantities, prices, and delivery dates for Private Label products
- Assist Materials Manager with aged inventory and participate in aged-inventory task force and the Excess Inventory Report to include one-on-one meetings with business managers
- Process and forward all stock returns
- Maintain and develop supplier relationship with all assigned suppliers
- Maintain accurate supplier records to ensure accuracy.
- Understand the customer's buying process and order flow with each represented principal
- Develops and maintains relationships with customer team counterparts to ensure appropriate communication channels are open and issues are resolved effectively
- Maintain accurate, complete, up-to-date, and easily accessible records and files related to: current pricing, order placements and confirmations, problems and resolutions, including all correspondence
- Maintain effective procedures for avoiding deductions, wherever possible, between the sales representatives, customer and suppliers (e.g. through monitoring agreed prices, etc.)
- Assist in the prompt resolution of deductions which occur, and in recouping related brokerage deductions
- Function as primary source of knowledge and procedures relating to the supply chain processes
- Continually seek process improvements of the entire supply chain to increase efficiencies and cost saving options.
- Ability to assume responsibility for projects, exercising initiative and sound judgment
- Participate in strategic meetings involving logistics issues and/or concerns
- Lead and perform logistics special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience in Supply Chain
- Able to organize and manage highly-detailed processes effectively
- Excellent organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Results focused; uses performance targets and goals to drive own activities as well as help team succeed.
- Able to learn company systems and tools
- Able to interpret and apply department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Strong on Relationship Building and Business Customer focus
- Attention to detail; self-directed; self-starter; expert problem solver
- Able to work independently and with a team, to maintain a strong work ethic, and to promote a positive work atmosphere
- Able to meet deadlines & balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong PC skills; MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Daymon - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard