This position facilitates cross company efforts to optimize the use of materials and supplies inventory and assists with the disposal of surplus construction material and retired equipment.
The Supply Chain Specialist is part of the Materials and Inventory Management group. The Materials and Inventory Management group is responsible for ensuring that quality materials are available to meet Operations needs to operate safe and reliable gas plant facilities at over 108 compressor stations and warehouse locations for Williams. This position requires extensive interaction with Financial and Property accounting along with reporting requirements to both internal and external auditors.
- Coordinate and conduct physical inventory counts including reconciliation
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for Internal and External auditors
- Prepare reports for the Rates Department
- Complete monthly sub-ledger to general ledger reconciliation
- Maintain inventory item catalog
- Prepare inventory content guidelines and training manuals
- Review purchase requisitions to offer surplus material in place of new purchase
- Manage the disposition of surplus materials with bid sale or third party auction
- Daily interaction with Operations Managers and their staff
- Coordinates with operations, engineering, construction and warehouse locations to ensure proper transfer of surplus material and inventory
- Accounting and/or financial background required
- Handles a diverse range of complex assignments requiring the use of experience, innovation, and judgment.
- May regularly cross into new fields of technical specialty.
- Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation; assumes responsibility for overall project success.
- Exercises substantial latitude for un-reviewed decisions.
Williams Companies - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Williams Companies has several parts, but they all add up to the delivery of energy and profits. Williams is primarily engaged in gas...