Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,700+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Supply Chain Strategies Department has an opening for a Supply Chain Strategies Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create cost saving allocations with shippers and modules to optimize Supply Chain efficiencies.
- Analyze vendor scorecards and review vendors’ performance by using accepted vendor performance methodology.
- Contribute to the joint Supply Chain action plans and continuously measure progress and improvement.
- Execute strategy for working with the several facets of Safeway and determine methods that would strengthen the company by working as one fluid supply chain.
- Analyze Supply Chain sell thru reports to identify improvements to Supply Chain processes.
- Contribute to retail industry standards definitions that best represent Safeway's Supply Chain strategy.
- Execute Live Event Management allocations to maximize promotional events.
- Contribute to Vendor Collaboration meetings and facilitate continuous performance improvement.
- Support both strategic and tactical solutions for Safeway's Supply Chain.
- Assist Director in tracking cost savings against department goals.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersatSafeway.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years financial analysis experience preferred.
- Supply Chain experience including retail operations, buying, transportation, logistics, accounting, inventory management, and manufacturing. Multiple SC functional area experience preferred.
- Prior project management experience required.
- Able to accept change and be a proponent of change.
- Able to work in collaboration with supplier partners in defining efficient Supply Chain processes.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Superior financial and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Terradata, QMF and Visio skills preferred.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway Corp. - 16 months ago
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...