Coach activities in assigned functional area with the objective of providing an effective and efficient operation. Responsible for productivity, accuracy, and overall performance of team members while being consistent with business and customer service objectives. Performs related duties or as required.
1. Provides hands on leadership, directing and leading team members to achieve customer service and department objectives.
2. Coach 10 to 40 team members in an assigned functional area in accordance with established procedures and schedules.
3. Resolves problems and opportunities in the assigned function.
Keep activities on track; escalates any out-of-scope problems to
the next level or the most appropriate Team member for the situation.
4. Analyze operational procedures, processes, and activities to suggest improvements in assigned area.
5. Assures safety and maintains acceptable standards.
6. Maintain team member production and accuracy records, labor hours and carryover reports for assigned area.
7. Assures equipment in the assigned functional area is well maintained.
8. Communicates with assigned team members as well as all levels of management to assure positive team member relationships and a proactive approach for solving team member problems.
Candidates with strong leadership abilities preferred
Ability to work either 1st or 2nd shift and open to rotation
Open to changing shifts or work days in the future
Six months hands on management experience preferred
Good communication and interpersonal skills a must
Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel and typing skills preferred
Must be detail oriented and have the ability to initiate accurate correspondence and reports
Must be able to organize, evaluate and prioritize several assignments at one time with minimal supervision
Business Administration, Management or Logistics experience preferred
Undergraduate degree preferred
J. C. Penney - 16 months ago