BS in Information Technology or equivalent combination of
intellectual instruction and work experience
Course work successfully completed in various technical
specialties is important
Demonstrated detailed knowledge of associated
technologies including Knighted Systems, JDA, Pick to
light, RF technologies, Manhattan Slotting and HK
A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in information
technology and 3-5 years in Logistics and Distributions
Skill and Ability:
Application of logic, reasoning and problem solving
Strong ability to work with time/date deadlines
C omputer programming and set-up skills preferred
Strong verbal and written communication skills
This position is responsible for supporting the systems that form the foundation for Supply Chain business process execution. Central to this set of systems is Vitamin Shoppe’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) and related interfaces, peripherals and supporting systems.
Systems Analysis and Testing
· Review, analyze and report on the benefit of requested systems modifications
· Identify and recommend Supply Chain system changes in support of new or modified business processes, system improvements, or application bugs
· Perform design tasks and identify system requirements in support of system changes
· Develop test plans and coordinate testing activities in support of system changes
· Act as the IT liaison to Supply Chain as it relates to the testing and deployment of system changes
· Help define the components and expected results of new Supply Chain system release
Resolve Supply Chain Issues
· Functioning as the lead support analyst for all Supply Chain systems, help resolve Supply Chain production issues
· As the lead subject matter expert (SME) for Supply Chain systems, provide escalation support for IT’s help desk personnel
· Prepare and present root cause analysis and issue elimination strategies
Lead Subject Matter Expert - Warehouse Management System (WMS)
· Act as lead internal SME with regard to the capabilities of Vitamin Shoppe’s WMS
· Identify and analyze WMS interfaces to insure data accuracy and sufficient system/process support
· Act as the Supply Chain’s liaison to IT and to VS’s WMS vendor
i. Maintain action lists and issues logs
ii. Publish status reports and participate in regular status meetings
· Build and maintain Vitamin Shoppe’s day-to-day relationship with its WMS vendor
iii. Insuring appropriate response to systems issues
iv. Help drive DC productivity improvements via WMS performance tuning
· Analyze and document system interdependencies and process flows
· Work closely with the VS’s application development teams, external system vendors and Supply Chain management to insure the functional integrity of any Supply Chain system changes or enhancements
1. Report project status and issues to Vice President Information Technology and Senior Management as necessary.
2. Performs other duties as required.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401K, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, medical, dental insurance, vision-care plan, prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, confidential employee assistance program, health advocacy program, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, associate discount, a credit union, an on-site gym and wellness programs.
Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, and...