In more than 85% of America households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company as ranked by Fortune Magazine. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of 4,400 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 10 of the 12 major categories in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® and Vlasic® Farmer's Garden® shelf-stable pickles, Wish-Bone® and Western® salad dressings, Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups, Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Duncan Hines®, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fruit fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Freshlike® frozen vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged frozen meals, Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® frozen prepared seafood, Hungry-Man® frozen dinners and entrées, Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts, Lender's® frozen and refrigerated bagels, and Celeste® frozen pizza. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® kettle style potato chips, Erin's® popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® snacks in addition to our food service and private label businesses.
SCOPE OF POSITION :
As a member of the Supply Chain rotational program, the Supply Chain trainee will rotate through 3 challenging areas throughout the Pinnacle Foods supply chain network. Members of this program will gain valuable experience in managing the company’s supply chain system. Members will also be responsible for completing and presenting a significant project throughout their rotations. Members will be assigned a Sr. Leadership mentor to help them broaden their supply chain knowledge and navigate through the program. The program will help to prepare members for a position within our supply chain network that fits their strengths and also the business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Members will rotate through the following areas and focus on the responsibilities and projects below :
- Participate in plant self-audit program.
- Work at the direction Quality Assurance Manager to assess the quality of finished products.
- Participate as a member of the Food Safety team, working on Food Safety and sanitation improvement projects as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Develop and/or improve Standard Operating Procedures, Food Safety Plans and Food Quality Plans
· Work with maintenance team on identifying gaps in critical spare parts
· Work with storeroom team on organization of stores – 6S method
· Use equipment downtime data and select one piece of equipment for in-depth root cause analysis
· Develop process flow diagram for process or packaging line
· Review asset records vs. plant equipment audit for accuracy
· Develop utility flow diagram for major utility
· Conduct energy audit of process area and make recommendations on energy savings
· Use process measurements and quality test data to determine process capability of a unit operation.
Operator/Continuous Improvement rotation:
· Rotate through every operator position in the plant
· Learn Financials with Controllers
· Understand CDC OEE System
· Attend OEE Gap Closure meetings
· Learn Manufacturing Playbook
· Participate in Kaizen Events
· Understand the critical KPI’s required per position
· Understand all Quality and Safety checks per position
- Each SC trainee will be expected to complete a project throughout the duration of the rotational program that incorporates learning’s from all different functional areas
- A presentation to the Executive Supply Chain team will be required at the end of the rotation
- Presentation will be on a Project chosen by the Trainee and mentor on improving the Manufacturing facility
- Project will require trainee to perform a Kaizen event and report out results
Specific acquired skills needed to successfully perform in the role (i.e. software skills, equipment, process knowledge, methodologies, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Influencing Others
- Driving for Results
- Creating the new and different
- Complex Decisions Making
- Project Management skills
- Visio, AutoCad and Database software experience a plus
- 0 - 2 years of Supply Chain, procurement, or manufacturing experience, including internships
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management, Business or related field
- Candidate MUST be willing to relocate throughout rotational program and for full time position upon program completion
- Candidate must have at minimum a 3.0/4.0 Cumulative GPA to be considered
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to our website by following the directions below:
Go to www.pinnaclefoods.com
Click on: Working here à Careers à “Click to see current openings” à search for Supply Chain Trainee
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age or any other legally protected basis.
Pinnacle Foods Inc. - 4 months ago
Pinnacle Foods Finance LLC (PFF) is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded food products. The Company’s products and...