The Supply Planner is responsible for creating the finite production schedule for all or a sub-set of manufacturing resources of a particular Ocean Spray Manufacturing facility. This individual is responsible for the production planning, scheduling and materials planning processes.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Define finite daily production schedule and capabilities (changeovers, sequencing, sanitation, performance). Establish aligned plant capacity such as rates and calendars. Communicate attainment to plan and adjustments.
- Responsible for attainnment of master production plan. Establishes baseline criteria. Working with Corporate Sr. Supply Planner for optimal schedule development and alignment. Perform analysis of capacity and capability.
- Support planning process and effective utilization of tools required. Coordinate the plant scheduling process to optimize the operation. Incorporate TCM process into production plan as needed. Adjust schedule to accommodate unplanned events impacting the schedule. Create and maintain updated product schedules in SAP. Identify issues that affect the plant schedule, communicate and facilitate the resolution. Report on performance to plan.
- Facilitate meetings for key plant and corportae resources to ensure engaged alignment to plan development and execution.
- Provide leadership to resources in inventory management, specifically material cycle counting and physical inventory planning. Act as resource on maintenance of WMS and Red Prairie.
- Manage materials to include the disposition process for obsolete materials, new production introductions, inventory turn targets, warehouse capacity analysis, material storage optimizatios, FIFO, etc.
Decision-Making Authority/Accountability Level:
- Supports Plant team in managing changes to the production schedule.
- Works with plant staff to ensure planning system constraints are accurate and timely.
Minimum Knowledge,Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- BS/BA Preferred
- 5 year's experience in manufacturing or plant supply chain
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to network with vendors, planners, customer sevice and other contacts
- Ability to forecast allocation of product variant based on inventory levels
- Understanding of inventory strategies LIFO, FIFO, etc.
- Strong Windows computer skills with experience on an inventory management system (i.s. SAP)
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 10 months ago
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...