Hartz Mountain, the leading consumer packaged goods company in pet products, is currently seeking results oriented Supply Planner. The position is located in Secaucus, NJ.
- The Supply Planner will be a key contact representing the Supply Chain for their items across all functional teams.
- Develops and maintains a 13 week supply outlook for assigned categories.
- Works with manufacturing to help create production plans and meets inventory targets for finished goods.
- Responsible for maintaining item settings and attributes for assigned category.
- Responsible for issuing and maintaining requisitions for assigned category using an MRP system
- Represents Supply Planning in S&OP process by communicating supply chain issues and recommendations for resolution
- Interfaces with Plant Schedulers to convert rough-cut production plan to finite schedule on a weekly basis.
- Review potential shortages daily and communicate potential shortage information to appropriate departments.
- Responsible for notifying Procurement & Plant Planning of significant changes that affect high-risk items.
- Participate in meetings with cross-functional team members to support business initiatives and adjust plans accordingly.
- Represents supply chain in project and cross functional project teams.
- Responsible for driving resolution of any shelf life issues on packaging and raw materials with Procurement
· 4-7 years of supply planning preferably in a CPG company.
· A clear understanding of the relationships between the planning systems and their effect on inventory and service levels
· Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Detail orientated
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to deal with changing priorities
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Expertise in Oracle
· APICS certification preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
We offer rewarding challenges in a professional environment, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes a 401 plan. Relocation assistance is not available. No agencies please.
Quality Products for pets since 1926
Hartz has mountains of products for pets! The company makes 1,500-plus pet care products, including nutritional supplements for birds and...