A Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for managing and ensuring suppliers deliver quality parts, components, and materials. They will participate in selecting, auditing and qualifying suppliers according to Doble company standards, and will monitor components from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle. They will communicate and resolve supplier-related problems as they occur. They will evaluate suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and will provide feedback in assessment of their operation. Some domestic and international travel will be required by this position. With knowledge and hands-on experience in cGMP manufacturing arena, he/she will lead, design, develop, implement and manage the quality systems to ensure the safety, repeatability, and continuous improvement of process, products and customer satisfaction. Essential Job Functions
• This position is the key supplier quality function for Doble and will be specifically responsible for Supplier Selection, Supplier Qualification, Supplier Development and Maintenance, Supplier Risk Mitigation Strategies, Resolution of supplier manufacturing/process/quality issues and associated corrective actions, Supplier Surveillance and Audits and the overall Supplier Quality Management System.
• Assist in the selection of new suppliers and support buyers to obtain the best value components in relation to quality, delivery and cost.
• Develop and implement Part Quality Planning for new and existing purchased parts, as part of the New Product Introduction process, interfacing directly with Doble’s design and test engineering teams as required.
• Define quality metrics and technical expectations to suppliers.
• Drive continuous improvement activities at suppliers using Value Analysis/Kaizen activities, PFMEA, Control Plans, and 8Ds
• Investigate supplier-based manufacturing/process/quality issues with various supplier provided materials on the production floor and in MRB.
• Issuing formal corrective action requests to suppliers and work with them to resolve problems.
• Create inspection criteria and defect analysis for Receiving Inspection.
• Conduct supplier audits on-site and hold review meetings.
• Serve as the technical liaison between Doble and its suppliers.
• Working with contract manufacturers and product development build teams. Oversee document control, change control procedures, deviations, corrective action/preventative action, and ensure effectiveness and compliance.
• Guide, mentor and coach staff promoting skills development and career growth.
• Proven project management skills and ability to meet critical deadlines while managing multiple priorities across the team.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
This position may require participation and decision making latitude for the following: ECN development, approval and implementation, work in process disposition, product repair rate analysis, Quality Control, Supplier Quality and Customer Service metrics, Production and Customer Service ISO procedures where appropriate, Production and Customer personnel safety, Lean Manufacturing techniques, and process improvements and implementation.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
• Requires 3 or more years in a technical role in a high tech assembly and surface mount technology manufacturing environment.
• Must have proven continuous improvement experience in contracted and in-house manufacturing.
• Must have proven experience in conducting supplier assessments and working with domestic and international contract manufacturers.
OTHER HELPFUL EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
• Experience working with electric power utilities a plus.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite. (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access)
• Hands on experience with ERP systems and Case management applications (Knowledge of EPICOR is a plus).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Strong and clear understanding of cGMPs, standard product design practices and international standards.
• Proven track record of successful leadership, strength of character and ability to articulate and defend business approaches.
• Demonstrated exercise of sound judgment, discretion, and business decisions.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Ability to work in dynamic and complex environments with flexibility.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external teams and to build solid relationships.
• Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented. Must be able to work independently or as part of a team and comfortable interfacing with both upstream and down stream customers.
• Proficient technical skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal relations and partnering skills.
• Must thrive in a deadline-driven, fast-paced team environment.
• Capable of multi-tasking between projects and departments.
• Must be able to assemble facts from various areas, analyze data, and provide informed recommendations to management
• Demonstrates skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices to resolve a wide range of issues in innovative as well as practical ways.
• Travel: 25% Domestic and international travel.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to stand, sit, use computers, read, write, type, use fax machines, use copy machines, file paperwork, use telephones, and utilize written and oral communication to interact with clients, co-workers and customers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job. Must be capable of lifting heavy items weighing up to 30 pounds.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with our without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function, or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
Doble Engineering - 4 months ago