Department: Kirtland Hill
Agency: Air Force Materiel Command
Job Announcement Number: 8L-HILL-892239-883238-GLY
SALARY RANGE: $38790 to $50431/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 to Tuesday, May 21, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-2005-07/07
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Fort Sam Houston, TX
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Qualified Current Civil Service Employees
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, in southeast Albuquerque, is nestled between the Sandia and Manzano mountain ranges. It is home to Air Force Materiel Command's Nuclear Weapons Center and its subordinate wings. It is also home to the Directed Energy and Space Vehicle Directorates of the Air Force Research Laboratory.
**** THIS IS A 90 DAY STANDING REGISTER ****
90 Day Register: This announcement will result in a 90 day register (list of eligible candidates) that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have the identified eligibility in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employees and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Current/prior federal civilian applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade, or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT (BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME):
1. Résumé, for each block of work experience you must include mo/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
2. Responses to the on-line Occupational Questionnaire.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
A s a Supply Technician (Office Automation), GS-2005-07 you will provide supply operations support pertaining to specialized or unique supplies, equipment, and parts requiring unusual degrees of protection in shipment and storage, or other items that are unique to the organizations mission or are seldom handled. You will also:
- Conduct extensive searches for information pertaining to complex and/or unusual supply transactions and patterns.
- Provide supply support for production, overhaul, repair, or other operations for equipment and/or parts requiring special handling.
- Determine stock levels needed for non-recurring, specialized items based on usage, inventory, project demands, seasonal demands, changing customer needs, projected depletion and prepare recurring and special reports.
- Perform administrative office support functions and maintain cooperative working relationship with team members, related functions, and operating officials.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent or other pay systems. Equivalent experience may be at the next lower grade (GS-06) or applicable pay band; however, the experience must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled. Specialized experience is described as experience and knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions, and an intensive knowledge of local supply requirements to ensure supply support for production, overhaul, repair, or other operations for urgent, critical shortage, and other special items.
AND PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting experience or education requirements, applicants must possess the skill of a qualified typist, a minimum of 40 WPM proficiency. Applicants may meet this requirement by passing the appropriate performance test, presenting a certificate of proficiency from a school of organization authorized to issue such certificates by the Office of Personnel Management local office or by self-certifying their proficiency (annotating in the assessment tool your typing speed.) NOTE: You will be considered INELIGIBLE if you do not provide information concerning your typing speed.)
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of governing supply regulations, procedures, and instructions; and supply functions, operations, program requirements, and work methods.
2. Knowledge of data entry and processing of supply transactions in an automated supply systems; correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports; and various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents, such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
3. Skill in typing, a qualified typist is required.
4. Ability to read, interpret, and apply applicable reference material, such as supply regulations, manuals, catalogs, records, orders, etc., to accomplish tasks and resolve complex supply problems; and to apply basic analytical methods and techniques to resolve complex supply problems and/or deviate from normal supply management procedures or program requirements.
5. Ability to receive, screen, review, and verify supply documents and resolve discrepancies.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc .
The work requires that the employee obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance as a condition of employment.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Work is primarily sedentary. There may be some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT : Work if performed indoors in an environment involving everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms. The area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: If you are deaf or Hard of Hearing and need assistance via TDD/TTY, please contact Andrea Rathbun at (801) 586-1819.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility, qualifications, and/or rating.
HOW TO APPLY:
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement:
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
To fax documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 892239. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 .
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire .
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/opm1203fx.pdf , and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you may notice that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications within 2 business days. A list of required documents for each eligibility may be located here .
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT, Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series Individuals with Disabilities - Eligibility for appointment under this authority consists of two parts. Click here for more information . QUESTIONS: Any questions concerning this announcement may be addressed to Gary Yancey (801)777-5929 GARY.YANCEY@HILL.AF.MIL. The subject line of your email must indicate the announcement number only (i.e., 8L-HILL-892239-883238-GLY). Email inquiries are to address specific questions concerning this announcement. General inquiries unrelated to a specific announcement will not receive a response . Responses to inquiries will generally be returned within 2 business days.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Electronic submission is the quickest and easiest option. Please ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
(1) Applicants will be notified by USAJOBS when their application has been received. This notification does not imply that you have submitted all the necessary documentation for this announcement, so read the announcement carefully. (2) After the announcement closes, your application will be evaluated. If you are deemed "eligible" or "ineligible", you will receive an appropriate "Notice of Results". (3) If you are referred to the selecting official at this time, you will also receive a "Notice of Referral". If you are deemed eligible, but are not referred to the selecting official at this time, you will receive a "Notice of Non-Referral". (4) If you are referred, but not selected, you will receive a "Disposition Letter" notifying you of the non-selection. If you are selected, you will receive a tentative offer of employment via email notification.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
6053 Elm Ln Bldg 1245 Rm 2
Air Force Acquisition - 11 months ago