WYOMING MILITARY DEPARTMENT DUAL STATUS TECHNICIAN
INDEFINITE JOB OPPORTUNITY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN INDEFINITE JOB OPPORTUNITY VACANCY
ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Wyoming Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants must currently be members in the Wyoming Army National Guard in order to be considered for employment.
Area 6: Indefinite Job Opportunity Technician - Merit Promotion: All current military members of the Wyoming Army National Guard may apply.
Paragraph #: 1910
Line #: 160
Position Title: Supply Technician
Position Series/Grade: GS-2005-07 KEY REQUIREMENTS
Must be a current member of the Wyoming Army National Guard.
Must submit ERB with application.
Refer to "Required Documents" for additional details.
Must obtain a favorable (ANACI) National Agency Check within 1 yr of appt.
Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain SECRET security clearance.
Relocation Costs are not authorized with this vacancy. DUTIES:
This position is located in the Army National Guard. Its purpose is to provide storage and distribution, cataloging or supply identification systems, property utilization, or other related supply activities including those associated with automated or manual supply accounting systems.
(1) Performs routine and non-routine material coordination duties for special programs, maintenance, or production shops.
(2) Responsible for local management of decentralized and decontrolled items which requires technical intervention to assure effective supply support and economy. Items are less stable or standardized and do not lend themselves to routine control through the use of the computer and variable supply level formulas. Plans requirements, both quantitative and monetary, to satisfy customer needs. Authorizes procurement and is responsible for funds management.
(3) Responsible for limited aspects of storage management. May develop and install local procedures and techniques to achieve and maintain smooth, effective, and coordination storage operations. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
Work involving supervising or performing clerical or technical supply support work necessary to ensure the effective operation of ongoing supply activities. Work is performed in a wide range of systematized supply operations, such as performing administrative functions in inventory, storage, cataloging, receipt and control processes.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE :
Must possess experience, education, or training in a variety of operations or situations concerned with substance or content of supply actions, requiring ability to decide course of action to take, considering the circumstances or conditions encountered; and experience using computer and automation systems.
Must possess at least 12 months experience, education, or training which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment; experience conducting extensive searches for required information; reconstructing records for complex supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support for activities involving specialized or unique supplies, equipment, or parts; and experience performing routine aspects of supply work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management.
NOTE: Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position. Applicants must provide begin and end dates (MM/YY - MM/YY) with description of your specialized experience.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Enlisted applicants military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Over-grade applicant must provide a written statement of understanding with application, willingness to be administratively reduced in grade (state specific grade) if selected for this position.
Enlisted Min: E3 Max: E7
Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military grade promotion.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS:
Enlisted: 36B, 51C, 74B, 88M, 88N, 89A, 92A, 92F, 92G, 92Y
Must possess or be eligible to retrain into MOS.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or the equivalent may be substituted for three months of specialized experience. Education in schools above the high school level may be substituted for experience on the basis of one academic year of study (i.e., 36 weeks or substantially full-time study or 30 semester hours or the equivalent.) for 12 months of the required experience.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
- Technicians are paid through Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT).
- The Selected applicant must complete a Declaration of Federal Employment" and "Declaration of Relatives in the Wyoming Military Department" prior to the appointment date.
- Military Technicians are ineligible for military enlistment, retention, and student loan repayment bonuses. Acceptance of a Technician position will terminate these military incentives.
- Acceptance of a permanent or indefinite position will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
- Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government unless noted in the Announcement.
- Military Technicians in the excepted service will wear the appropriate uniform while performing as a Technician.
- Veterans preference does not apply to National Guard Technician positions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709(f).
- Indefinite employees may be terminated or displaced at management's discretion with a 30-day written notice. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Making a false statement in any part of your application may result in disciplinary action.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to new/prospective employees. http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, and Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp OTHER INFORMATION:
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the Wyoming National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
usajobs.gov - 19 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...