As Support Account Manager you will utilize your strong technical competencies ,account and escalation management skills to provide the highest level of Personalized, Proactive, Preventative and Reactive Enterprise-Class support services. You will build a partner relationship with the customer to better serve their business needs, as well as to react quickly and revise approach when business needs change. The Support Account Manager role is critical to the assigned Account/Sales Team in furthering the NetApp partner relationship, and in helping to increase sales by coordinating support activities for the account. Working very closely and collaboratively with members of the Account Team and customer contacts, you will become intimately acquainted with the customers business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service support history.
Essential Functions: Support Account Managers work with NetApp customers, and the assigned Account/Sales Team by providing expertise in the following areas:
1. Personalized Service
-Provides informed strategic planning, storage support best practices, and upgrade advice
-Understands the customers' environment and apply NetApp knowledge to improve the overall support experience
-Conducts regular operational service reviews and provides personalized best practice recommendations
2. Centralized Support Management
-Strategically positioned to review and oversee all of assigned customers' NetApp technical support activity, enabling maximum efficiency while minimizing risk
-During any critical events, faciliates issue resolution
-Work closely with NetApp Technical Support Center to expedite case resolution
3. Customized Proactive Care
-Through a combination of expertise, analytics, tools, and an understanding of customers' operating environment, will consult and provide deliverable aimed to mitigate risk and ensure stability on NetApp Solution
- Help educate the customer as needed on the various tools that are on NetApp Support Site and help them understand their NetApp products better.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with customers, and cross functional teams to help to increase sales.
- Escalation management experience is strongly desired.
- Experienced working with members of the Technical Support Teams is desired
- Professionally handles conflicts and customer expectations
- Ability to integrate diverse perspectives in critical situations to aid issue resolutions
- In-depth technical knowledge in Storage and/or Virtualization Technology
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Travel to the customers domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required. Prior experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Escalations Engineer, Technical Account Manager and Services or Support Account Manager is desired.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field is required.
Customer Support Engineering
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....