FusionStorm is an award-winning, information technology delivery (ITD) companyTM. We combine best-of-breed products from leading vendors with a full suite of Professional and Managed Services to help our customers save money and grow their businesses. FusionStorm provides advanced technology and data center infrastructure expertise; world-class IT consulting, and managed and support services. We ensure our customer’s IT investments create value and realize high returns.
FusionStorm hires extraordinary people who strive to make a difference. Our success is in large part due to our outstanding talented and dedicated employees. If you thrive on transformation, empowerment to make a difference, and identification of solutions in an innovative environment, we want you to join our team.
FusionStorm is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in San Jose, Sacramento, Irvine, San Diego, Las Vegas, Columbus Ohio, Franklin Massachusetts, New York City, and Red Bank New Jersey. For more information about FusionStorm, please visit www.fusionstorm.com .
The Support Analyst II provides prompt and courteous support to FusionStorm Managed Services customers by resolving incident and service requests while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This position requires a daily on-site presence in the Las Vegas facility.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for technology, be innovative and solutions oriented, while addressing all customer inquiries and complaints with the highest degree of professionalism, gathering input from customers, supervisors, managers and executives regarding Service Desk (SD) performance and how the SD can further serve its customers and serving as the “face of Managed Services” to the customer and vendor community.
Perform the following tasks:
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, systems software, and network problems through the use of remediation scripts
- Monitoring, tracking, and communications throughout the lifecycle of an incident or service request
- Incident detection and recording:
- Classification and initial support
- Investigation and diagnosis
- Resolution and recovery
- Incident closure
- Ensure compliance with Incident Management process by reviewing tickets for accuracy and completeness
- Audit system and network documentation as necessary
- Update and maintain customer Run Books
- Develop, define and communicate technical service policies for products and services supported by the Service Desk
- Coordinate customer and support issues to ensure timely resolution and positively impact customer satisfaction
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current support policies and methods of support delivery to provide technically accurate solutions to customers
- Participate in team or task projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of Service Desk operations
- Handle incidents, projects, or escalations as assigned
- Coordinates and publishes appropriate communications for FSMS service outages and infrastructure changes
- Maintain quality conscious interface via phone and email with both technical and non-technical customers
- Provide on-call support as required.
- Perform ad hoc responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Understand and abide by all security and operational policies.
- Preferred candidates will meet the following requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience working in a Service Desk or Call Center position
- 2-3 years of experience using a support ticketing system
- 1-2 years technology experience
- Preferred: Associates degree in technology
- Equivalent 2+ years related experience
- One or more technology certifications; Cisco certifications preferred
- One or more service desk certifications: HDI Certifications preferred
Note: Certifications and education may serve as a benchmark to verify knowledge but will not be a measure of demonstrated capability.
- Some experience in one or more of the following practice areas:
- Networking Vendors: Cisco, Juniper, F5, HP, Dell
- Networking Technologies: Load balancing, routing and routing protocols, switching, IP Telephony, SAN, FCOE
- Networking Security: Intrusion detection, firewalls, VPN
- Network Applications: CUCM, UCCX, Unity, CME, Collabrio (Quality Manager), WLC, ASDM
- Network Administration: Configuration backups, user administration, SNMP, AAA
- Example Certifications: CCENT, CCNA, CCVP (CCNP Voice)
- Vendors: IBM, Supermicro, HP, Dell, Sun Microsystems (Oracle)
- Operating Systems: Linux/Unix, Windows
- Applications: MS Exchange, MSSQL, vSphere, AD, MySQL, OCS, Blackberry, Sharepoint, Autostart
- Virtualization: VMWare, Xen, HyperV
- Example Certifications: MCSA, MCTS, VCP (VMWare)
Essential Skills and Competencies:
Combined with the above listed requirements, as well as a demonstrated ability through work and work related tasks, the preferred individual will also exhibit competencies with the following products or similar products:
- OpsWare, Nimsoft NMS (Nimbus), Service Desk Express
- WebEx, GotoMeeting, VNC, SSH
- Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Wireshark, nmap
In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, FusionStorm provides an attractive mix of benefit plans to contribute to its employees' good health, future financial security and peace of mind. Please visit our website for more information about our competitive benefits package: http://www.fusionstorm.com/pages/total-compensation
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
FusionStorm is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
No AGENCIES, please. We are not obligated to pay any fees for any individuals we decide to hire.
FusionStorm - 21 months ago
FusionStorm is an award-winning IT solution provider with national U.S. coverage and global distribution capabilities. We have a proven...