1. Respond to user requests for support and for information. Manage support requests from initial reporting through resolution.
2. Provide desktop, software, hardware, or peripheral equipment troubleshooting and technical diagnostics for issues relating to those items. Will be expected to provide first-call resolution majority of the time, and only escalating some calls to either a system analyst specialized in the related area, the IT infrastructure personnel, or even to the IT innovation group on a need-to basis.
3. Proactively look for ways to improve themselves, operations or business partner service. Be part of defining and refining the support workflow, procedures and standards.
4. Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
5. Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors contracted with IT for service.
6. Communicate to all IT Staff, high impact problems or situations.
7. Share the responsibilities for answer after-hour requests with other IT Support Analysts.
8. All other tasks as assigned by Manager of I.T. Business Partner Service.
- Degree in computer science, information systems or related
- 3+ years experience working within an Information Technology Department
- Knowledge of Relational Data Base concepts
- Excellent telephone, oral, and written communication skills
- Very good technical, communications, and consulting skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn proprietary applications that are core to our business
- Skilled at the use of relational databases, and fourth generation languages
- Possess Sound judgment and decision making, and the appropriate sense of urgency
- Lotus Notes and Domino Administration
- Oracle Forms and Reports
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...