The Systems Analyst III position is responsible for tier II support of systems for the Health and Human Services Commission and its customers. This includes monitoring of IT Client Systems trouble ticket queues and mailboxes, working directly with agency IT personnel and all agency personnel to resolve issues with computing devices and applications within the scope of the agency’s Client Systems team. Supported computing devices include desktops, laptops, printers, smart phones, air cards, tablet PCs, and other devices. Applications within the scope of the Client Systems team includes, but are not limited to, email, enterprise printing solutions, multi-function devices, and mobility devices. The position is responsible for managing the agency’s IT automation classroom scheduling system including the development of processes and procedures, scheduling, testing connections, and troubleshooting. This position will assist as needed with research, testing, and documentation of hardware and software that is within the scope of the Client Systems team.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Monitor and work trouble tickets in the various Client Systems trouble ticket queue
- Monitor and handle email inquiries in the various Client Systems Outlook mailboxes
- Manage the agency’s IT automation classroom system
- Develop and maintain procedures, processes, and documentation for various evaluation initiatives
- Assist with research, testing, and documentation of hardware and software
- Coordinates posting of instructional documentation for field IT staff
- Keeps informed of the latest advancements in IT to ensure the smooth transition of the agency’s information technology and business requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned and required to maintain operations
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft operating system platforms
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office suites
- Ability to communicate technical information to individuals with various levels of technical knowledge
- Advanced trouble shooting skills
- Skill in providing excellent customer service
- Skill in following technical instructions
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
See Additional Information section.
Initial Selection Criteria:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, or a related field is generally preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
Additional consideration will be given for professional certifications
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services - 23 months ago