Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies
Minimizes interruption in computer services to users by responding to dispatched calls. Provides technical support to internal customers for the installation, repair, configuration and preventative maintenance of personal computers. Provides first and second level troubleshooting for moderate to complex problems occurring with NLA applications and desktop equipment. Performs desktop software deployment as required to support IT project initiatives. Guides the customer regarding the use of a broad range of products, offerings, and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to trouble tickets assigned through the NLA request management system.
- Provides accurate, timely, and creative solutions to users’ technology problems of moderate to complex nature that require detailed business, systems and applications knowledge.
- Responds to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problem equipment or software.
- Performs restorative and maintenance actions either remotely or at the end user's location to resolve problems, using advanced troubleshooting and technical skills.
- Maintains accurate information and data regarding user issues within the tracking system and according to policies and standards.
- Performs desktop software and hardware deployment as required to support IT project initiatives and site openings and/or relocations.
- Installs client desktop systems and laptops, coordinates hardware maintenance and repairs, tracks and maintains inventory.
- Provides proactive customer support.
- Adheres to standards and SLA’s and ensures compliance.
- Assumes responsibility for learning newly-supported software, establishing support guidelines and troubleshooting aids, and training other Support Center employees so the software can be more universally supported.
- Places service calls with the appropriate maintenance vendors when necessary.
- Assists level II Agents with more difficult problems and provides training and mentoring to them.
- Documents processes, resolutions, and tips and populates the request system Knowledge Base.
- Monitors system and applications according to defined procedures.
- Handles weekend and off-hour on-call duties and shift work as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job may require up to 25% travel with short notice.
Education and Experience: Associates Degree or equivalent, preferably in IS, plus two years’ related technical (installing and supporting enterprise applications and PC and laptop hardware) ore business experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition:
Must have experience with Windows operating system (2000 or higher) and Microsoft Office.
Must have experience installing and configuring PC’s and software.
Must have experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
A+, MCSE, CSS and/or HDA certification preferred
Must have a good working knowledge of various software products used by the Support Center.
Experience with applications and processes for warehousing, transloading, intermodal and truck transportation and international transportation services strongly preferred.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 17 months ago