Staley Technologies, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Staley, Inc. Deploys technology to a list of global, blue chip clients. Services include design and installation of wireless mesh networks, cable infrastructures and communications networks, systems development, implementation, and related technology deployment. With hundreds of employees across multiple U.S. locations, we’re poised to continue an aggressive, yet carefully managed, journey of growth and diversification.
We have an exciting opportunity for a person who is passionate about helping solve technical issues for our customers. Our Support Desk Lead will oversee critical activities of a technical support team which supports our field technical staff throughout the United States. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a blend of technical, problem-solving, and leadership skills. This position reports to the Support Desk Manager who has overall responsibility for all shifts of the Support Desk.
The Support Desk Lead ensures the overall efficient and effective operation of the Support Desk on a given shift. The Lead will work closely with the Support Desk Manager to ensure that our support desk team understands the needs of our internal and external customers and is providing appropriate solutions to address those needs. Support Desk Lead will:
- Supervise a team/shift of Support Desk Technicians
- Pursue ways to increase productivity and alleviate errors through standardized procedures, processes and technology
- Collaborate with service teams, project management teams, and Support Desk Manager to review project/customer needs and ensure appropriate actions are being taken to exceed those needs
- Assist with tracking and reporting of support desk metrics; monitor time reporting and project milestones
- Make recommendations on technology upgrades, process improvements, and other opportunities to do things better!
- Importantly, ensure that the support desk team members are provided knowledge and skills to do their jobs effectively and in a great work environment!
Key Requirements and Skillset Preferences
Staley is a Drug-Free Workplace. Successful candidates must meet company standards for pre-employment background, driving, and urinalysis drug screening
- Prior call center experience or support desk experience, preferably in a supervisory role
- Strong knowledge of networking, including TCP/IP, Ethernet standards, switching routing, wireless, VoIP, Cisco, 3COM)
- Knowledge of telephony systems (Key systems, PBX systems, Avaya, Spectralink, Nortel, Polycom)
- Knowledge of various operating systems, for example, Windows, Linux, UNIX, Cisco IOS, 3COM IOS)
- Strong general computer skills including with the Microsoft Office suite, including Sharepoint and/or Access
- Significant understanding of servers and their configuration
- Experience with ticketing systems preferred (Remedy, Maximo, Sharepoint)
- Technical certifications strongly preferred – CompTIA, Cisco, HP/3COM, Nortel, Avaya, Microsoft)
- Must enjoy having fun while working hard AND want to be a critical part of a company that is 62 years old and just getting started
Staley Inc. - 14 months ago
When you choose a career with Staley, you make the decision to join a company that is grounded in integrity. Our people exemplify the...