Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. The Database Services team within AWS has just announced Amazon Redshift, a fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
We are looking for an experienced Support Escalation Engineer with a passion for root causing and resolving issues in a large scale distributed systems, high-performance storage or enterprise-grade databases. Have impeccable drive for making our customers successful, and excellent soft and troubleshooting skills. Experience supporting databases or data-warehouse products is not a requirement, but a strong plus. This is an unusual opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing team and to work with one of the largest database deployment in the industry.
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
- Take ownership over escalated issues from our first level Support Team or Automatic monitoring systems.
- Professional communication with our customers on the status of their issues.
- Coordinate further escalations between customers and our development team.
- Develop troubleshooting procedures and knowledge base content.
- Enhance product monitoring through Linux scripting in Bash and Python
- Identify any trends in issues reported by customers and drive the improvement of Amazon Redshift.
- Helping to build and grow the team, including providing mentorship and guidance to team members.
- 2+ years in support with 1+ year as an escalation engineer.
- Bachelors, Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated systematic troubleshooting methods.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Python, Perl, shell, or other scripting languages.
- Strong drive to learn new technologies, including commercial and open-source.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting large scale database systems.
- Knowledge of Databases, their internals and query optimization.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in one of the following: C, Java or C++.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...