- Chesapeake, VA---Chesapeake Square, 02370
Job Title: Support Expert
Do the words “order” and “process” get you excited? Do you enjoy making things happen behind the scenes and seeing your work flourish on stage? Do you like being responsible for major processes that determine how things work? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Support Expert in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Support Expert’s role is to handle all of the logistics and merchandise preparations necessary to ensure our store environment is America’s favorite place to shop!
• Responsible for the .com process – You are in charge of the merchandise that has been ordered through the .com channel; you lead the receiving, sorting, and organization of the merchandise as well as returns and maintenance.
• Responsible for backroom activities – You ensure that the stockroom is completely safe for all team members to enter and you frequently conduct bar code audits of the merchandise to support the restock process.
• Supports the restock process – You’re running barcode audits, but you are also reviewing restock reports to identify opportunities and when you find one, you get the merchandise ready to go out to the sales floor ASAP!
• Responsible for reverse logistics – You’ve got responsibilities of the .com merchandise coming in…but you’ve also got responsibilities for ALL the merchandise and recycled materials that need to go back out to the vendors or our store support centers.
• Supports a learning environment – You enjoy sharing your knowledge of processes and even train team members from time to time on how all of the support processes relate to one another to ensure the best possible shopping experience.
Skill and Characteristics:
• Organization Skill – You thrive in environments that need order and rely on process to get things done right.
• Decisive – You are exact and can make good decisions quickly even when you may not have all the information available.
• Achievement Orientation – You have high standards and enjoy setting hard targets to deliver strong results.
JCPenney - 12 months ago
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...