- Chesapeake, VA---Chesapeake Square, 02370
Job Title: Support Lead Expert
Do you like leading a team and watching them excel? Do the words “order” and “process” and “consistency” get you excited? Do you like being responsible for major processes that determine how things work? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Support Lead Expert in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Support Lead Expert’s role is to engage and lead a team of Support Specialists that drive the execution of all merchandising, visual, and replenishment activities in the store to positively impact the customer experience.
• Responsible for leading your team – You’ve lead people before and know how important it is to a) provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c) empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store’s success.
• Responsible for all merchandising and visual execution – You can follow company visual direction like a champ, but at the same time you know when a design or layout may not work in your particular store and you adjust on the fly. You’ve got high visual standards and so does every person on your team!
• Responsible for all support functions – You’re team operates like a well oiled machine when it comes to unloading trucks and preparing merchandise to be placed on the sales floor and… when it comes to identifying replenishment opportunities across the store – you and your team have eagle eyes and you can swoop in and make it right.
• Responsible for the execution of clearance – You know all about the clearance game and when merchandise fails to turn over at an acceptable pace – your team knows how to re-ticket and relocate merchandise as soon as you give them the green light!
• Responsible for scheduling all support resources – You enjoy the challenge of moving resources around to meet the demand of the customer and profitability of the store; you know who, where, why, and when you are scheduling at all times!
• Responsible for the delivery of .com merchandise – You want our products to flow easily into our customers hands and when a .com order is ready to be picked up…your team knows where to get it and where to take it to make that .com customer happy!
Skill and Characteristics:
• Achievement Orientation – You have high standards and enjoy setting hard targets to deliver strong results.
• Organization Skill – You thrive in environments that need order and rely on process to get things done right.
• Decisive – You are exact and can make good decisions quickly even when you may not have all the information available.
• Initiative – You’re on the move even before someone asks. You see the opportunities and you go after them!
• Visual Merchandising – You’re passionate about merchandise and possess a deep understanding of visual design / concept / presentation.
JCPenney - 20 months ago
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...