Job Category: Services & Consulting
Location: Issaquah, WA, US
Job ID: 821449-100519
Division: Services & Support
The Premier Support Practice Manager is responsible for the strategic positioning and successful delivery of profitable high quality Premier Support services to Microsoft Enterprise customers. The Support Practice Manager is the only front line customer facing support manager position within the Services organization responsible for the overall quality, growth, and satisfaction of a customer’s managed support relationship.
The Support Practice Manager must demonstrate expertise on market forces affecting our customers and generate customer insights in the Practice that drive our business forward. The ability to effectively manage cross-team collaboration with other Microsoft internal organizations and external partners is an important competency. The Support Practice Manager must possess the business acumen necessary to be a change agent in driving the strategic use of Microsoft Support services with customer executives and Microsoft Leadership.
A key requirement of this role is a demonstrated ability to attract, retain, and develop high performing, motivated teams. The SPM is responsible for recruiting, career development, and performance management of Technical Account Managers responsible for the delivery of support services that exceed customer expectations for delivery excellence and business value. The SPM is expected to lead this team by example in articulating the business value of our support Services in a manner that is relevant to customers’ priorities.
The Support Practice Manager business management responsibilities include resource optimization, contract consumption, contribution margin, operational expense management, revenue for Premier, and ensuring that all legal, fiscal and personnel policies are honored.
This role requires strong communications skills and imaginative, bold thinking in all situations. Business experience must include services delivery leadership or sales leadership in complex services environments.
- Must have a degree (BS/BA) or equivalent work experience. Higher education preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Support, Consulting, client/project management, high-end professional services environment or relevant management experience with at least 10 direct reports.
- 5+ years business management and process experience
- 5+ years enterprise IT support experience
- 5+ years front line management experience
- Application Software Lifecycle Management experience and/or IT Service delivery and Support (e.g. ITIL Foundation), Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent)
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...