Support Services Analyst
Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada .
Responsible for coordinating projects, reviewing, revising and maintaining critical documents, tracking of internal resources and expenses, data analysis and project plan development. Responsible for managing existing relationships with vendors and suppliers and for the development of new vendor programs. Supports and assists in the following areas of Support Services:
- Travel and expense
- Temporary housing
- Company Store
- Corporate Shuttle
- Group meetings and events, and charge card/iExpense
- Additional areas that may be added to Support Services
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Continually improves standard processes and works towards instituting best practices.
- Monitors various Support Services programs/offerings (e.g. Expense Management System, Corporate Shuttle Program, Concur/BART interfaces) and identifies areas of needed improvement. Works closely with the Manger to increase awareness and overall user satisfaction.
- Proactively identifies cost reduction opportunities, develops business cases, project plans and methodologies and executes according to planned targets and timelines.
- Develops presentations that summarize various Support Services projects/initiatives including associated expense data.
- Works with other Support Services staff to explore department improvement ideas .
- Develops programs or SOPs and edits document as needed.
- Maintains required documentation including SharePoint sites, distribution lists
- Provides support for group meetings and events including scheduling planning sessions, negotiating meeting space, room set up, meeting materials preparation and distribution, and catering as well as arranging for and testing all meeting technology such as WebEx, video teleconferencing, microphones or projection.
- Acts as liaison between project team and assigned functional area for project-related communications and tasks; coordinates status reporting, monitor’s deliverable execution, etc.
- May perform administrative functions, to include but not limited to, travel, expense reports, delegating calendars, etc.
- Assists in the development of measurement processes/methods for assessing progress towards goals and project outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned .
Technical skills and abilities:
Education and Qualifications:
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills.
- Perform analysis and develop economic impact models to help justify modified strategies and new solutions.
- Ability to create strong relationships both internally within SWN and externally with suppliers .
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to work independently .
- Must be proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) with MS Office products: Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and listening skills.
- Able to present programs to large audiences. Able to communicate in a succinct and organized manner.
- Must be able to become a key user of travel and aviation industry software (Concur, BART) .
- Bachelor’s degre e with 2 or more years experience in a support services role preferred
- Experience in the Travel industry considered an asset
- MS Project, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio experience
SouthWestern Energy Company - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard