The IT&S Support Services Specialist position provides direct, tier one customer support and trouble resolution for all IT services, computing platforms, software, and wireless devices. Provide level one (1) support for 750 users and for over 1000 devices in person, over the phone, and using remote desktop tools. Respond to support requests and then document the problem, the action taken, and the resolution in a ticket management system. Ability to analyze complex desktop, application, and network issues for break/fix support. Attempt maximum immediate resolution for all requests. Escalate complex issues to Tier 2 or 3 support along with full documentation of the problem. Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows clients in an Active Directory environment. Support clients using network printers and scanners, Microsoft Office and various Windows platforms.
1. Education and Training
- A+ and Network + Certifications preferred
- A two-year associate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Accounting. Medical- related and business-related courses preferred.
- Relevant work experience may be substitued for up to two years of formal college education.
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- One (1) – Two (2) years experience in large networked 250+ PC environment preferred
- Skilled in installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, testing, and troubleshooting various windows products.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting PC hardware/software a applications and operating systems, basic network troubleshooting, and various application troublshooting.
- Ability to analyze user problems and provide immediate solutions.
- Capability to work with end-users, determine their needs and communicate solutions to level 2 and 3 support.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and always looking for better tools for diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Able to grasp new concepts; Picks up on technical things quickly.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Summa Western Reserve Hospital - 18 months ago