The Support Specialist (Learning Management Systems) position is responsible for ensuring that online course management is supported during each term. Provides specific support for Online Operations team in management of LMS (Learning Management Systems) through online course creation, duplication and maintenance. This position is expected to work 20 hours per week in Parkville, MO.
- Responsible for creation of course term schedules in LMS and coordination of course entry into CX and LMS on a yearly and/or term basis, by coordinating between academic departments, faculty and Online Operations.
- Supports Online Operations in communications with faculty, campus centers and administrators.
- Supports creations of additional sections as needed to satisfy enrollment demands.
- For new courses, coordinates with the Assistant Director of Online Operations to facilitate the addition of these courses into CX and the LMS.
- Provide quality assurance to verify that courses are set up correctly in CX/LMS.
- Troubleshooting and problem evaluation student and faculty enrollment issues in LMS.
- Manages enrollment table for Deans, Program Coordinators and Chairs for review access and special access to LMS courses as needed.
- Supports new instructor needs, enrollment into new instructor training programs according to projected needs.
- Supports Online Services Administrator with overflow duties in syllabi approval and proctored final exam approvals.
- Supports Online Student Services Administrator with Academic Withdrawals, Waitlists, and LMS Census.
- Documentation and document updating of policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with a sense of humor and team spirit
- Strong customer service skills are required
- Excellent command of oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong team-building skills and ability to work well with a wide variety of colleagues
- Highly flexible, creative, and able to adapt to new project demands, workgroups, and hardware and software environments
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Bachelors degree required
- Solid working knowledge and experience with a wide range of computer technology such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), databases, and online technology
Park University - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...