The support specialist's primary responsibility is customer service through problem resolution. Support Specialists receive, prioritize, document, and ultimately resolve end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, remote troubleshooting, and/or software installation. Support specialists also coordinate with other IT departments to ensure that reported issues are being resolved.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting computer hardware, software, operations, and common problems in Microsoft Windows
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to accomplish necessary certifications (CompTIA A+, MOS 2010, and HDI Support Center Analyst) within 90 days of employment
- Associates degree in MIS, Computer Science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least one year experience in computer troubleshooting or a similar technical field
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Liberty University - 23 months ago