The Support Specialist II provides first line technical support, instruction, and advice regarding all aspects of desktop client/server computing resources. Typical duties for this position include: resolving user reported issues and using remote assistance as needed to solve issues, developing long and short term plans for the acquisition, maintenance, and operation of hardware, software, and network components within the Help Desk area, coordinating communication of outages, alerts, problem identification and management, and supervising the function of the walk-in help desk area and its repair shop.
The Support Specialist II also serves as part of the Information Technology Client Services support team.
May substitute additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education requirement.
Related experience, to include two years in desktop support roles.
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to supervise student employees, motivate, train them and communicate with them effectively.
- Ability to learn new operating systems versions and new application packages to a level of being able to train others.
- Ability to communicate with IT network specialists and system administrators at a functional level and the ability to interpret infrastructure changes and their effects on IT customers.
- Good command of the English language and ability to communicate in clear speech over the phone.
Rice University - 12 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...