About WellCare: WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services targeted to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare. Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare offers a variety of health plans for families, children, and the aged, blind and disabled, as well as prescription drug plans. The company serves approximately 2.7 million members nationwide as of Dec. 31, 2012. The company employs more than 4,500 nationwide. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. A Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: WCG).
EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
The Support Specialist provides support to end users
both local and remote
on a variety of issues, i.e., identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems.
- Develops a strong understanding of business and is able to relate problems to business impacts
- Triages and prioritizes issues and escalates problems to management
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of supported systems and continually strives to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading, and participating in projects and improvement initiatives
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on-call
- Strong Documentation skills
- High School Diploma; Associate’s Degree or graduate from a technical school in information systems or information technology or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 1-2 years experience in a helpdesk level 1 or 2 role(s) in Windows operating system network environments
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experienced in installing, maintaining, and diagnosing client workstations, services, applications, and printers in Windows operating system environments
- Experience working with no less than three of the following:
XP/7 Professional clients
- Citrix Metaframe XPe ICA and/or web clients
- Working in a helpdesk environment
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Active Directory
- At least one of the following certifications, preferred — more than one certification or advanced certifications, a plus:
- Standard Certifications
- Advanced Certifications
- Citrix CCA
- MCSA 200
- CCNA or CCDA
- Type 25 words per minute for data and configuration entry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word
- After hours and weekend work may be required for PC moves or upgrades to production systems to avoid system downtime during business hours.
- Must be able to be available for after-hours support via cell phone or pager 24x7 when on call
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive are required to allow for infrequent (less than 5%) travel to remote sites for support and installations as necessary
Is a relocation package available?
WellCare knows that to get well, all you need is a little care. WellCare Health Plans provides managed-care administrative services to...