Job Title: Support Technician Tier 2
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Support Technician with the drive and determination to help us support our client base. This position reports to our Help Desk Manager. We are looking for an individual who is a problem-solver and has a proven track record of working within a team environment to successfully address challenging user computing issues, and is accustomed to leveraging technical training opportunities to improve their skills. If you have the experience and the desire, we would like to talk to you.
Our help desk technicians are responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective remote problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable customer service.
This position will include identifying user problems and working within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs, and involves working with other resources and vendors to deliver effective support services. Responsibilities include identifying, documenting and troubleshooting user computing issues to resolution and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Job duties include utilizing our remote monitoring and management software along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver remote user support services and update service request information, answer technical support calls, assign ticket severity, prioritize work accordingly, and collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues. Overall relationship management and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements are desired. Other requirements include participating in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer certifications, developing and maintaining relationships with user and vendor contacts, and preparing and presenting service and monitoring reports to management regularly.
About Ghent Computer:
We provide an exciting & fun work environment and offer growing job opportunities for those that join our team. Ghent Computer provides small & medium size network support & quality service with an emphasis on fully outsourced IT. We offer competitive benefits, ongoing training and job opportunity for all employees.
Why Select Ghent Computer for your Career?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ghent Computer provides an exciting and fun working environment to expand your career.
- Technical consulting offers our staff exposure to new and emerging technologies
- Ghent Computer is continually growing and provides job growth within the organization
- Relocated to our new facility to provide further expansion
- Work along side other talented people and with an organization that takes pride in their work
- Resolve client submitted requests or tickets in accordance to service level agreement
- Troubleshoot workstation & server hardware, software, & network issues remotely
- Ensure customer satisfaction in every step of problem resolution
- Provide remote and onsite assistance utilizing provided tools and by telephone
- Respond to system alerts and monitor generated support tickets
- Provide thorough documentation of solutions and standards as applicable
- To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to manage time efficiently to ensure prompt and accurate resolution
- Strong communications skills & responds well/clearly to questions
- Strong problem resolution skills to identifies and resolves requests in a timely manner
- Constantly looks for ways to improve and promote quality & efficiency
- Pursues technical training and development opportunities for job skills
Additional Qualifications Desired (but not required):
- Previous job experience: 2 years technical support or helpdesk experience
- Operating Systems: 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, and Server SBS
- Workstation Hardware: Upgrades, Part Replacement, OS Reloads, & Troubleshooting Experience
- Server Administration experience with Active Directory, GPO, & general User configuration
- Windows Server/Domain & Exchange experience in regards to user support
- Support experience in business Network troubleshooting, implementation, and VPN configuration
- Desktop support troubleshooting MS Office, Network Printers, Email, and various user applications
- Troubleshooting system performance problems including virus/malware removal remotely
Compensation: Varies regarding skill and experience. Please submit your salary requirements when applying.
- Related Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Managed Services or Technology Consulting job experience
Ghent Computer - 9 months ago